Bad day.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
We took our Boxer puppy to the vets this afternoon, and returned with just a lead!
I hate it! I hate it!

Roy.

What really hurt was that her tail was wagging like mad till she went under. We'd had her for 11 years and it's a terrible wrench, our other dog looks as lost as my wife and I do.

Roy.

When you realise that I have had dogs, often more than one at a time, for over 50 years you'd think I was used to the task by now. But I'm not!
Now my 4 yr old grandson wants to know where she is, how the hell do I tell him!

Roy.

Saddened to hear of your loss Digit, being brought up with dogs (not literaly :| ) I know how it feels, your heart will lay heavily for some time, as for the kids they have a very simple view of this world, if he's anything like my 4yr old nephew he'll probably say something like "aww Granda poor old (name), can we get a zebra now"?

Jim

Apparently his dad has had a word with him, don't know what he said but thankfully that's one job I won't have to do.

Roy.

My heart goes out to you it is horrible try and think of all the good times you had with your best friend :(

She was bred to breed from, but with too much white in colour she was to be put down.
She was brought to us with an ultimatum, find her home or she's put down, so we took her in.
She was 12 months old and completely unused to people, she also had a broken tail that was gangrenous and was operated on a few days later, so we gave her another 11 years at least.
But she'll be sorely missed and fondly remembered.

Roy.

So sorry Roy, I can imagine it isn't easy. My Tess is 19 now but getting very tired. I don't know how I'll face the day.

Mark

All you can do Mark is to console yourself that at 19 you have given a her a good long life.
I told the vet last time that I wouldn't want his job at any price, he said that he didn't mind the task when a dog had been well looked after and into old age, it was putting unwanted dogs down that upset him.
Stil wouldn't want his job.

Roy.

It truly is a bad day Roy, and something we can never really be prepared for. Our pets become a very important part of the family. Thinking about you at this time.

regards

Brian

Thanks both, somebody I know thinks we are crazy, never had a dog of course.

Roy.

Digit":3pv7jcbg said:
She was bred to breed from, but with too much white in colour she was to be put down.
She was brought to us with an ultimatum, find her home or she's put down, so we took her in.
She was 12 months old and completely unused to people, she also had a broken tail that was gangrenous and was operated on a few days later, so we gave her another 11 years at least.
But she'll be sorely missed and fondly remembered.

Roy.

Really sorry to hear that Roy, there aren't any words can comfort when you've lost one of the family :(

It's strange how the "rejects" seem to make the best pets. Similar to your boxer, our black lab had a superb pedegree and was bred for the same reason but had a defective kidney so would have been put down. As chance would have it we were looking for a lab and were hooked on this little bundle as soon as we set eyes on her. Kidney removed at 16 weeks and she gave us 13 glorious all too short years but what she gave to my kids as they grew up was immeasurable.

We still miss her after 5 years and can't bring ourselves to get another dog - maybe when we retire :-k

Keep your chin up
Bob

Hope you don't mind me posting......... This was her just hours after her op with stitches across her tummy

bess.jpg

So sorry Roy. Have been there too and know how you must feel. In close to 60 yrs. you could count my years without a dog on your fingers. I still cannot get over those days when I have to say farewell , and still get misty when I run across a favored toy.

To lose a companion is hard as you chaps know, but like you i remember every one, each with its own character, each fondly recalled.
I hope there will be another, if only to keep our other little mutt company.

Roy.

I lost my beloved English setter in June and swore down I wouldn't have another as I couldn't stand the heartbreak. Having said that, I'm picking my English Setter pup up tomorrow from the breeders! I've had Setters for the last 30 years, the last 6 months has been so empty without one.

Gerry

Latest posts

Back