BA Spanners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob1955

Reaction score
Hi all,
Having no luck locating BA spanners either from Ebay, Amazon or my local tool store, really just need size 10 and 12 but would buy the set if I must, does anyone know of a UK web accessible place that stocks/sells them please.

TIA.
Bob.

I’ve never done much with BA, but am I right in saying that a 10BA spanner would be absolutely tiny, less than 1/8” across the flats? I think I’ve got a little fold-out set of BA spanners (Terry spanners if I recall) somewhere but I’m not sure it goes that small.

It’s probably one of those things best made at home carefully with a file.

Yes they are tiny, the size 12 is even smaller, I make my own straight razor scales and sometimes due to maybe cracks in old original scales people want to preserve them, so rather than peen a new pin where you may split the scale you can use a 10 or 12BA nut/bols/ washers and tighten up without using a peen hammer, the finish can be made to look like it is pinned if you also use half nuts....again tiny depth BA nuts, the spanner would be ideal coz they are a pain to work with if you have large sausage fingers 😫

look on the Model engineering sites/forums, they have reliable stockists for that type.....even nuts n bolts n screws with that thread...
maccmodels.co.uk Macclesfield, Chesh....
antique steam

I think King Dick still make them, that's who made mine and when I looked them up you could still buy new sets.

I know my set goes to at least 10BA, not sure if I have a 12 though.

Check out army surplus auctions if you want BA tools. Apart from the most modern of armd veh they are all imperial and use BA and Wit tooling. MOD sales often have full REME and RE tool kits going for sale

Just checked, I have a complete of 0-11 BA in both open end and box wrench. Can't remember the last time I used one.

Good morning Bob, I’m puzzled, I can see plenty of quality BA spanner’s on fleebay.

Anyway, take care

Pete

None at size 12 and 10, I did manage to get the two from Eileen's Emporium at £3 each...so quite happy 🇬🇧

Back