Axminster price increases?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

=Adam=

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Can anyone shed some light on the Axminster prices for me? I received the catalogue this morning and noticed that pretty much everything is going up in price. I noticed that the awvsl 1000 has changed to red (unfortunately) and will increase by £80!!!!

Most of what I have looked at is going up unfortunately :(

I got my catalogue christmas eve :)

I noticed the price increase aswell. Seems like they are changing the colour schemes yet again. The red machines are hobby rated and the light grey is the trade stuff. I guess they have saved the price increases until the new catalogue was issued.

I would check out the sale online and see if they have the stuff you want there? That is if you are able to buy now

Awe pipper!

I'm thinking of buying the AWEBDS610 Belt Disc Sander (£252.50 Inc VAT Order code: 501258). It's out of stock at the minute so I'll have to ring them up when I get home Friday afternoon to see what the situation is as I won't buy it if it's shot up in price.

If anyone has a new catalogue to hand I'd appreciate if you could check if it's in and the price please in the meantime.

cheers

Bob

Lons":ug9x5emb said:
Awe pipper!

I'm thinking of buying the AWEBDS610 Belt Disc Sander (£252.50 Inc VAT Order code: 501258). It's out of stock at the minute so I'll have to ring them up when I get home Friday afternoon to see what the situation is as I won't buy it if it's shot up in price.

If anyone has a new catalogue to hand I'd appreciate if you could check if it's in and the price please in the meantime.

cheers

Bob

277.96 including the dreaded

Lons":udcr3n3j said:
Awe pipper!

cheers

Bob

Just looked online and it is showing up the clearance sale - in stock ready for dispatch
at £214 :)

carlb40":1h5trjny said:
Just looked online and it is showing up the clearance sale - in stock ready for dispatch
at £214 :)

Thanks Carl

That's crazy. I checked the web site just a few hours ago and it was still showing full price and out of stock :? So much so that I looked at the smaller version on clearance at £174 but didn't fancy it.

cheers

Bob

I think with the sale on at the mo and the fact they are changing colour schemes to redefine the hobby/trade machines. If you go to the normal page of the item you want, the stuff we normally expect to see is now rated to hobby. They have changed quite a few machines over from light trade to hobby. The TS200 saw is one of them. I picked up the TS200 last weekend while on sale. A few days later when i noticed the original saw was still in a sale, yet they had introduced the Hobby version for more money :shock:
However since christmas they have put the original saw back up to the old price.

Harbo, Marcros, Carlb40,

Thanks again guys. Just ordered it on line. I wouldn't have bothered at the new price of £278 but at £214 it's worth it to me. It's gone up 10%. Is that roughly the same across the board?

Just got to make a stand and find somewhere to put it now :)

cheers

Bob

Lons":2v4dml9a said:
It's gone up 10%. Is that roughly the same across the board?

I've noticed some Jet tools I've been looking at for the last 2 years go up around 10% each year - and some other pieces. I'm expecting 10% this year, too. :mrgreen:

phil.p":18s1wd4d said:
It's quantitive easing that' devalued the £. Just as it was supposed to. That's why everything imported has gone up.

If our old friend Debit had been around and read that post above we would have had a lively discussion to follow. :wink:

So hows this for getting it going.

We have done Q.E. Caused devaluation.

USA keeps printing money and putting it into their banks. Causing the dollar to drop.

Euro, keep fiddling their accounts and the ~~Euro has dropped.

China the largest exporter should be trying to keep prices down to keep expansion going.

So Roy give us some guidance.

phil.p":3u82ye10 said:
It's quantitive easing that' devalued the £. Just as it was supposed to. That's why everything imported has gone up.

Yep, don't have time to give the full info but basically it boils down to governments liking inflation 'cos it reduces the countries debt situation.

And here's a prediction which we can all come back to in a years time (Those of us who are still breathing :lol: ) The incomming (Canadian) Bank of England governor is very keen to abolish the banks inflation target he did it in Canada and he'll do it here too, this is how they plan to get the economy moving again :roll: so price increases at Axminster and everywhere will be the 'norm' and you can make of that what you will.

devonwoody":2two06ts said:
Euro, keep fiddling their accounts and the ~~Euro has dropped.

How I wish it had but fact is that relative to the pound it is still strong.

Thats because there are a load of crooks about. Interest rates for us are practically zero remember for savers. Put that up to around 7% and the Euro would plummit, our balance of payments with Europe would be lovely.

devonwoody":gik7pbat said:
Thats because there are a load of crooks about. Interest rates for us are practically zero remember for savers. Put that up to around 7% and the Euro would plummit, our balance of payments with Europe would be lovely.

7% I can't wait :lol: How long before we get there :?:

Didn't we have this this same price rise discussion last year at this time?????? and I wonder what we will be talking about this time next year??

Andy

Surely they cannot be increasing the prices by that much each year! One lathe is set to rise by £80, ok it doesn't sound much, but these are the lower end machines that I am on about and at these prices £80 is a huge jump!

I completely understand the whole import/export situation but surely there must be a way of minimising increases!

andersonec":szj3mljz said:
Didn't we have this this same price rise discussion last year at this time?????? and I wonder what we will be talking about this time next year??

Andy

Yup 2011 Here

and 2009 Here

and 2009 (twice) Here

and 2008 here

We obviously took it on the chin in 2010

=Adam=":dn16crv2 said:
Surely they cannot be increasing the prices by that much each year! One lathe is set to rise by £80, ok it doesn't sound much, but these are the lower end machines that I am on about and at these prices £80 is a huge jump!

I completely understand the whole import/export situation but surely there must be a way of minimising increases!

Yes, get a government that has some idea what it's doing. But that's another thread.

Back