Axminster machinery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameronhill97

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows if Axminster are bringing out some new machinery, on their website a lot of the tools are listed as 'last few' and have quite a lot of money nocked off

Thanks

I asked if the Jet lathes were being replaced with new models no word of it did not know a reason for selling them off

Any company that is selling off equipment at a discount is in the process of :

1. Bringing out new updated equipment soon.
2. Trying to up their cash flow because of financial problems.
3. Going into liquidation.
4. Due to commitments to their suppliers have an excess stock that the company/warehouse can't handle.
5. Need the cash to satisfy their share holders/bank/creditors.
6. And twenty other reasons I can't think of at the moment.

These companies will not tell you if any other items they sell are going to be discounted as they are trying to relive themselves of the stock advertised which are either not good sellers or are being replaced by an updated version.

Mike

Sometimes suppliers offer discounts to generate business or to to move stock. The bottom line is, no reseller will give a heads up on new models because it harms sales of current stock and machine tools are no different than computers in that respect....there is always something around the corner and if you always wait, you will never buy. If you need it and the price is good...buy it

Axminster also sell of returns or slight seconds on ebay, although they always seem to get lots of bids so end up not being hugely cheaper than the full priced original.

I would imagine that Axminster are bringing in a new range, possibly very similar but new colours / specs. Some good deals to be had, £850 for a 400mm wide thicknesser is a good price, it reminds me of a Multico machine which was quite similar, ie very boxy!

100 pair of bamboo chopsticks £4.14: https://www.wingyipstore.co.uk/disposab ... Gwod26cFEg seems like a bargain against £299.00 for a jig, I would have to eat a lot of Chinese food to justify that price, lets see £299.00 divided by £4.14 = 72.2 x 100 = 7,222 pairs Ohh that's a lot of sweet and sour. #-o :lol: I think I would probably end up with Monosodium Glutamate poisoning.

Mike

Just seen the below on Facebook... sounds like they will be bringing out some new machinery

0e0800286c1d706fdc311cb6d273f585.jpg

Also, the below picture should be better quality to see if there are any deals that tickle your fancy in Axminster's Cardiff store

bb5636638253bf166f982a9c91f03c37.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back