Axminster: it's happened again...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doctor Bob":2d5xganb said:
Sporky McGuffin":2d5xganb said:
So your complaint is that Axminster sell something for one price, and other people sell something else for a different price? Erm...

No, I haven't made a complaint, my point was that everyone was raving about Axminster, I pointed out that on consumables they are priced very heavy, I'd rather order from somewhere else save half my money and still get it next day. But everyone has the choice to spend where they want and if they would rather spend double because a forum is raving about a company then that's fair enough.

I didn't think you were complaining - it sounded like a quite reasonable point to me.

I seem to have caused some confusion by using the word "complaint". I didn't mean it in the sense of writing to The Times, but in the dictionary sense of a grievance, problem, difficulty, or concern.

A bit like how "argument" does not necessarily mean "screaming row", but also encompasses any discussion in which different viewpoints feature.

They haven't shown any signs of opening a shop here (Switzerland) either Brian. And their catalogue is so big it costs about a squillion quid to send here!

AES

Sporky McGuffin":2urhal1x said:
I seem to have caused some confusion by using the word "complaint". I didn't mean it in the sense of writing to The Times, but in the dictionary sense of a grievance, problem, difficulty, or concern.

A bit like how "argument" does not necessarily mean "screaming row", but also encompasses any discussion in which different viewpoints feature.

I didn't think you were picking a fight, either :)

FWIW, I think any household argument can still be classed as a 'detailed discussion' as long as no physical objects go airborne (er, officer).

:)

There is no such thing as a household argument. I can say what you like, but one way or another my wife always wins. I find that my special benefits are preserved that way.

I agree that Axminster is not the ideal place to buy consumables as they can be pricy and not necessarily the best either. I don't see them as being for that. If I happen to be in store I might pick up some bits and pieces, or succumb to impulse buys, but for regular consumables such as sanding belts I always buy on line. If I am desperate, I swallow the Amazon price as their one click Prime service is simply superb. For power tools it is usually a good idea to shop around on line.

In my experience Axminster are not averse to throwing in some freebies or offering a bit of discount if you ask nicely. I always ask for a bit off - and I usually get it. Sometimes only a fiver mind you.

Latest posts

Back