Axminster- customer service (positive) rant !!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barkwindjammer

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a bench pillar drill (Model: WD13L) for my Dad from Axminster,
the courier arrived with the item 2 days later, on un-boxing and assembly
we discovered that the chuck guard was damaged, there are 2 little tabs
with holes in that retain the springs that operate the spring action return on
the guard
-no huge irritation-but a little disappointing all the same.

Phoned Axminster customer services and spoke to Sam-young guy, very curtious and helpfull,
without quibble or hesitation he informed me that he would find the part number and send a replacement
in the next post. The following day the replacement chuck guard arrived.

So I've been 'ranting' about Axminsters 'Diamond standard' customer services to
everyone around me who is a 'tooly' -it doesn't come much better than this,
a lot of 'the industry' could use Axminster as a bench-mark for their level of service
and genuine care and dedication to their customers.

p.s. the pillar drill is a brilliant and well made bit of kit for the money-
would highly recommend. (WD13L - £117.00) + free delivery

Couldn't agree more. I bought a grinder from them a few months back. It sounded a bit noisy and had a stripped thread on a wheel-guard fixing. I rang them up, and was sent a replacement the very next day, with the courier waiting to pick up the defective one being returned. I've always found them helpful and courteous, which is why I'll keep going back to them for new stuff.

I bought a digital calipers from them and the battery went flat within a few days, so did the replacement battery. I phoned Axminster and they sent out a new calipers - didn't even want the old one back. So now I have two. The only trouble is the battery in the replacement caliper goes flat quickly too. My solution is to remove the battery after use, but it's a bit inconvenient. I didn't complain to Axminster again though - I thought they'd fulfilled their obligations by sending the replacement.

I have bought some kit from them that has turned out to be of disappointing quality, but on customer service they have been top notch in my experience. My only problem is they don't have a branch near me - although I'd probably spend a lot more if they did.

K

I have nothing but praise for Axminster. A couple of items I have bought have needed to be returned because of manufacturing faults. Axminster paid for the return postage and sent out a replacement very promptly. One item was a LN carcass saw which had a very slight bend along the length of the blade. I expected them telling me to try and bend it back straight again or have me tap it's brass back to straighten it out but they replaced it without any quibbles at all.

These days customer service counts for such a lot. Axminster may not always be the cheapest but I know that I can rely on them should the you-know-what hit the fan!

Latest posts

Back