Axminster - change in customer service

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always been one of the best companies that I've ever dealt with for customer service. Delivery in general often costs an arm and a leg for me as I count as Highlands and Islands by many delivery company's standards.

A few weeks ago I gave up on a disk and belt sander that I'd bought from Axi, and sent them an email asking if there was anything they could do, since it's not technically faulty, just badly designed, I've had it the best part of a year but it's pretty much unusable in the circumstances and for the jobs I bought it for.

They not only graciously offered to refund to my account with them for the full price, but if I was willing to wait for the next truck that was doing a delivery up this neck of the woods, they'd pick it up for free as well.

That's just plain and simple stellar service - above and beyond any virtually any company I've ever had the privilege of dealing with. I must assume by this, that Richard and Mignal et al are correct, that this is an unjustified rant during a self entitled temper tantrum. I suspect the customer service rep did well not simply telling you where to go. You've never seemed a particularly bad sort in previous posts, so hopefully your just having a bad day, but as my brother in law loves to say... "Get over yourself".

Nic.

MARK.B.":2suz8ad0 said:
When you phoned them did you" go in all guns blazing" ???.

On that subject, some years ago, when my combined washer/dryer drum started to fall apart just outside the guarantee period, I was told that as I did not take up the maintenance contract, I would have to pay for a new drum as well as the fitting. I instantly went mad on the 'phone, about how the drum failed only just outside the guarantee period when it should last for years, etc., but was met with polite responses to the effect that as I had not taken up the maintenance contract, the repair costs were down to me.

Eventually, the drum was replaced - promptly and efficiently - and I did 'phone the company to say thank you. During the conversation, I apologised for my earlier bad temper, and received the response; 'Yes, that was rather a shame'. When I queried the wording of the comment, I was told that if I had been less belligerent, I would have been offered a maintenance contract 'unofficially' backdated to before the guarantee expired. This would have meant that the drum - and the labour costs - would have been covered, saving me lots of money! Was I crushed ? - I felt very stupid. :oops:

I learned an important lesson: Tread lightly at first in a dispute, and see what reasonableness can achieve.

I feel better now - they say that confession is good for the soul! :roll:

For gods sake, it didn't arrive next day, WOW. the end of the world as we know it, I'm sure!! I'm really pi ss ed off with people these days, cant wait a second for things to arrive. I sell a bit on ebay and lots people want the stuf, before I can get it to the post office. You can see it on the roads, HURRY HURRY HURRY , even if I'm doing 60 on a country road, there are plenty of idiots overtaking at 70, if I'm doing 70 on a dual carriage way, plenty of idiots overtaking at 90, etc etc etc. No one wants to wait now. I can remember when you were lucky if you got an order in a fortnight. Now if its a small item standard postage gets there in 2 to 5 days, if you want it yesterday pay the price.
Sorry rant over, its been a bad day !!!!! (hammer)

Axminster customer service might have been bad on this occasion. Try shop elsewhere and see what they are like. You might go back.

I bought a rocking chair and footstool from ikea Friday. Both supposed to be a nice warm oak finish. The shades are miles apart. Was going to email them a pic but there's no email address only an online form that you can't send a picture through and they state there's normally a reply within 4 days :), I thought sack that I'll ring them, 30 minute queue. I thought they will probably just ask me to take them back to the store anyway. Store is 45 minutes away, 90 minutes round trip, probably get a kid who doesn't know his buttocks from his elbow telling me oak is a natural product and shades may vary.

Is it me getting grumpier or is the world getting more difficult? Seems to be something every week to moan about.

fe726f9dc9da432e0ad7830a90de5c56_zps4e13cbc0.jpg

Latest posts

Back