Wills and Probate Online service on the Govt website

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Other than me, has anyone else had the misfortune to attempt to use this service? The Govt has a lot of very, very good online systems that work very well. These also have good helpdesk support.

At the extreme other end of the spectrum is this apology for a service that has been outsourced to a US(eless) company called 'Ironmountain' or as I like to call them 'Rusty Hump'. The website is useless. It doesn't explain how or when you will actually get a copy of the Probate/Will that you have just paid for. The helpdesk is manned by a two-year old struggling to put together their first coherent sentence. You discover this only when you actually manage to get a response.

I suspect that, since Rusty Hump are really only a huge suppository for the storage of paper documents, when you place your order, someone drags his/her knuckles down the aisles of a warehouse amd two weeks later returns with the document for it to be scanned in and made available for you to download.

Back