Axminster AW10BSB2Saw Bench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motownmartin

Established Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

This week I had a new Axminster, AW10BSB2 Saw and AW106 Planer/Thicknesser delivered.

Today I have been assembling the Saw and have started to fix on the rear table extension but the brackets don't seem to fit. On the short arm of the bracket that fixes to the machine the holes line up with the slots and not the welded nuts which they should do as there are no nuts supplied, and the slots in the long leg of the bracket which fixes to the table extension are in the wrong position, if that makes sense.

The question is, has anybody who bought one of these Saws had this problem, or is it me being a bit thick.

I did phone Axminster and they said that someone would get back to me, this was 2 hours ago and I haven't heard a Dickie Bird.

I'm quite sure that these brackets are wrong but without a dimensioned drawing I can't check.

If owners of this saw could possibly check the position of the slots and welded nuts and post them I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Martin

Thanks John, the manual I got with the machine is a bit small and my eyes are not that good, I can use the zoom on the downloaded version and yes I was a bit thick, there are a couple of straps with tapped holes instead of nuts and the slots on the top of the bracket are in the right place, there has to be a gap for the fence guide :oops: :oops: :oops:

Many thanks............Martin

Glad you got it assembled

Just saw ths post and was going to check mine which went together fine

it's a great saw. enjoy :wink:

Tony":24bidms1 said:
Glad you got it assembled

Just saw ths post and was going to check mine which went together fine

it's a great saw. enjoy :wink:
Thanks Tony, the trouble with me is I get all excited about my new toys and want to get it sorted in 5 mins, the instructions turn into destructions :lol:

Martin

:shock: :shock: :shock:
yours came with instructions?? :shock:

Get an osborne mitre guide for it, makes all the difference

Tony":2e4thkn0 said:
Get an osborne mitre guide for it, makes all the difference

I will have to convince her indoors first.

Where from and how much.

I'm a bit concerned about fitting the sliding table, I won't be able to get in or out of the workshop let alone enough room to actually make something :lol:

Martin

I bought mine directly from Osborne (google is your friend) as this is the cheapest place - around 109USD as it was on offer.
You need to email them as they don't have the facility to buy for overseas delivery on their website.

I sold the sliding table pretty quickly as the osborne is much better and more accurate and the ST is huge and only useful if you want to cut large sheets of ply etc. IMO - I prefer a baton and circular saw for this task

aslo, not enough room for the ST in my garage/workshop

The money i got for the sliding table paid for the Osborne and a wixey digital angle guage and I still had quite a bit of cash left over :D

Hi Martin, what are your opinions on the planer so far? I'm considering upgrading to one very soon, while it's on sale.

Thanks.

OPJ":1x00osnl said:
Hi Martin, what are your opinions on the planer so far? I'm considering upgrading to one very soon, while it's on sale.

Thanks.
I've not done a great deal with it yet but first impressions are good, i've powered it up and ran a piece of wood over the surface planer, one thing that I consider as a plus point is that it has 3 knives. It will be a couple of weeks before i give it a real test. All being well at the end of next week I have got a piece of Oak, Maple, Black Walnut, Sycamore, Cherry, Sapele, Elm and Yew to test it with.

By the way, the price of the Saw has gone up this week.

Martin

Hi Martin

Just to put a spanner in the works ..... when I got my AW10 and went to install the sliding table the 2 brackets that hold it to the frame of the main table did not fit as the holes were not in the right place .... after talking to Axminster and sending them a lot of pics to show them the problem I then had to wait until they sent me a return notice then send the brackets back for them to be machined out a bit more. Axminster were good about the whole thing although if they could just have sent me a new set of brackets 1st I would have been a lot happier. Took about a week to get it all sorted in the end. And after all that I only kept the sliding table on for 2 weeks #-o
As for the Osbourne mitre gauge I just phoned them and gave my CC details over the phone as I did not want to send personal details and CC number within 2 or 3 emails. Even got an email from David Osbourne :shock: to let me know it was sent and was I happy .... great guy :D
Hope you don't have the same problem ..... also Axminster sent me out a better magnifying gauge that fits over the table fence ruler as my 1st one was like a milk bottle bottom so push for that if your was bad.

Cheers Steve

Thanks for the info Steve, it's very much appreciated, did you remove the sliding table because it was inadequate or just too big and cumbersome, I am having to rearrange my workshop just so I can get through the door :( , luckily I have put both these machines on wheels, not as though I shall be able to move the saw very far but at least it gives me an option or Two.

Martin

motownmartin":89icj5ia said:
did you remove the sliding table because it was inadequate or just too big and cumbersome,

Martin

You got it right there. It took a while to set up the sliding table but I only had it on for a few days before deciding i did not have the room :(
Now I have 1 table extension at each end ..... so far I cannot complain :D

Fizzy":c963toj7 said:
..... so far I cannot complain :D

I have mine up and running now, there's not much space left, maybe i'll take a photo tomorrow and post it.

How do you find the fence, mine has got a bit of play in it so I have to measure at the back end to make sure it's parallel, might look into fixing some kind of stabilizers at the front.

Martin

I found that my fence was really good as long as i pushed it forward (towards the rear of the table) before locking it ... this seemed to help to straighten it before locking the position. hope this helps you

Here it is in the Garage/Workshop.
S2400228.jpg

[/img][/url]
Had to cut 2" off the legs of this workbench to allow the sliding table to run over the top
S2400232.jpg

The view from inside with the new Planer/Thicknesser
S2400233.jpg

As you an see, space is a bit limited
S2400231.jpg

S2400230.jpg

S2400229.jpg

Regards.................Martin

Back