• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Axi floorstanding bandsaw £350 Aberdeenshire

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ttrees

Iroko loco!
Reaction score
This looks a bargain for 350 squid on Gumtree.
Screenshot-2023-5-10 Band saw in Ellon, Aberdeenshire Gumtree.png

Saw it, bad pun, have to say I'm very tempted but I have so many things on my plate at the moment that I put it out my mind. Now l'm spinning plates again in my head about can I work the logistics of pickup etc.

I had something similar before the 300kg 24" saw below, easy to move about with table removed.
Note, not doing so is how trunnions get broken, and makes it so much more difficult to move.
Tilting the machine down on the column takes little effort, made easier with a chok under the
guidepost end, possibly unnecessary with that 4300 by the looks of it,
Screenshot-2022-2-26 Lugging a large bandsaw about.png

Keep the base in contact with the ground for stability when/if tilting back, and
don't place a chok somewhere in the middle of the column whilst lying it down, as a fulcrum might start a roll!,
Perhaps not so much with a sub 200kg machine, but that motor looks weighty enough.
A dolly would be something good to have with you, should you not be able to park beside.

It would likely fit in most cars, might need the passenger seat removed on some,
chok used again to slide the column in, and cardboard/jackets/carpet, because the paint job is nice
and to protect vehicle.
Space for your hands underneath to lift it.

Good luck if you do decide on it.
All the best
Tom

Last edited:
@Ttrees I blame you, so does the wife! I’m actually stoked, as it feels a step up from the 352. Now to find space for it and move the 352 on.
IMG_2992.jpeg

Latest posts

Back