Axi CT1502 Jointer Knives

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedmc571

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Axminster charge £33 for these, does anyone know where I can get some cheaper.

Cheers

Jed

Ask Cutting Solutions - a member here and in the other place.

Helpful and good pricing. Some stuff on line but sells much more

Bob

Jed
I agree it does seem expensive.

I am not sure of the height and thickness of the knives for that machine. Does it have any slots for locating?

let me know and I can tell you how much
(for example standard plain 150x30x3 HSS Planers @ £4.41 each nett + post + VAT)
As fingers said not everything is shown on the web site as there is so much involved in tooling.
Doug

Hi Doug
Your website looks just the job
Can you tell me if you have blades which would fit a Makita 2012 thicknesser - I think they are 304mm long...
Thanks
Gasman

gasman":1xp3up4u said:
Hi Doug
Can you tell me if you have blades which would fit a Makita 2012 thicknesser - I think they are 304mm long...
Thanks
Gasman
Thanks gasman

i need to know the height and thickness of the blades.
there are so many machines I find it difficult to know all the sizes.
I can do 12" x 3/4" x 1/8"; 12" x 1" x 1/8"; 12" x 1 1 /8" x 1/8";
I have the 1" ones in stock.
Doug

fANTASTIC !

Not sure of the size, but will let you know soonest.

Cheers

Jed

Can you do Tablesaw blades 250mm x 30mm Bore ?

I might get into trouble with the moderators here.
I hope not as I am very willing to give free advise to all. If I get a sale I would be very happy.

250 x 30 mm
Depends how many teeth and tooth configuration. Configuration depends on material being cut.
But most are available from stock.

Not sure about this, can't find anything online, and nothing in the manuals, I'd have to take one out to measure, unless anyone already knows?

Cheers

Jed

I would like to reccommend Cutting solution services. I have been frustrated with changing my sedgwick planer blades because I am lazy and a bit rubbish. He located a souce of indexable planer blades which allow you to change the blade in seconds. It is fantastic I cannot believe i did not get some sooner. The service was superb and if anybody is interested I am happy to put some pictures up.
The only down side is I had speculative punt on ebay and ended up with a bigger planer :roll:
So that will be up for sale with some lovely new shiny blades.
Owen

Corset":2gklph6s said:
I would like to reccommend Cutting solution services. I have been frustrated with changing my sedgwick planer blades because I am lazy and a bit rubbish. He located a souce of indexable planer blades which allow you to change the blade in seconds. It is fantastic I cannot believe i did not get some sooner. The service was superb and if anybody is interested I am happy to put some pictures up.
The only down side is I had speculative punt on ebay and ended up with a bigger planer :roll:
So that will be up for sale with some lovely new shiny blades.
Owen
I'd be interested in pictures. Which model Sedgwick is it?

It is the baby one I think the PT (a cast iron baby) I will be photographing tomorrow for its impending sale.
Ebay is the scourge of my life!

gasman":2z3fboxx said:
Hi Doug
Thanks
Gasman

Hi mate, unfortunately, the makita 2012 takes double sided blades. They have a groove down the centre for aligning, and are reversible.

Cheers.
Jamie

I've got the Makita 2012 and the cost of Makita knives is *&^%$*** awful!
I converted mine to take DeWalt knives.

Roy.

Back