Anyone use Google adsense?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grafter

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just started a blog on blogger (previously on tumblr), and have been looking at google adsence

right I know i am not going to be able to quit my job and make £100,000 per year but can you make enough from it for the hassle and to warrant giving all your details to google?

also does anyone use amazon links to get 10%?

cheers

ps: loved tumblr, but results never really appeared on google- despite much SEO

What are you suggesting? To earn money out of blogging, or to just earn money from a website? i.e a parked domain with ads on it? If the latter, this only ever works if you own a popular domain that people mis-spell or mis-type. Even still the funds are low. To earn money out of blogging you have to put a massive effort into getting people to come to your site and keep returning. Even then, click ads are never big earners, relatively speaking. They are worth it on a website which gets the sort of traffic UKW does. Websites earn money through being popular. Period (as the yanks would say).

What's the problem with 'giving all your details to google'? AFAIK it's free to join and google are generally known to be a good company. You certainly have nothing to loose, apart from your time.

I think you need to make it clearer what you want.

Hi Wizer,
its for a blog- really just wanted to know if anybody has a blog here and uses adsence to gague whether its worth the hassle of setting up

Well it's no hassle to set up. But how much you earn depends on how good your blog is and how devoted you are to it. You have to be a good writer and write compelling and interesting articles that make people want to come back. To earn money from advertising you need a lot of hits per hour. With adsense you can earn money from all around the world, so you have to be diverse and appeal to a wider audience.

Adsense is not a money spinner. You have to have a very good website first. My gut feeling is that you're going to earn maybe £2-300 a year on a standard blog which is update 2-3 times a week and has a steady rate of page hits and comments.

Don't forget, you have to apply for adsense, they can and will refuse you if they don't think your site will generate enough clicks.

grafter":yxizusdv said:
Hi Wizer,
its for a blog- really just wanted to know if anybody has a blog here and uses adsence to gague whether its worth the hassle of setting up

What's your blog called? What's it about?

BugBear

Back