anyone got a Laguna Bandsaw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giantbeat

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys, anyone got a Laguna bandsaw? was hoping id find some reviewa here but not found any.

I'm eying up a 18BX

I have one, what do you want to know?

Im not long time bandsaw expert, however I am happy with my 18BX. it does everything i ask of it, which mainly involves resawing 10-12" walnut/Oak/Maple etc.

Its very accurate and has no problem slicing veneers, that being said, like any tool, if you have it setup wonky, its gonna cut wonky.....thats not the tools fault. First thing i done was get some tuffsaws blades for it, what the stock blade is like i have no idea, i believe its a starett though

It's big. its heavy, its well put together and it has plenty of power.

Last edited:
I have one, what do you want to know?

Im not long time bandsaw expert, however I am happy with my 18BX. it does everything i ask of it, which mainly involves resawing 10-12" walnut/Oak/Maple etc.

Its very accurate and has no problem slicing veneers, that being said, like any tool, if you have it setup wonky, its gonna cut wonky.....thats not the tools fault. First thing i done was get some tuffsaws blades for it, what the stock blade is like i have no idea, i believe its a starett though

It's big. its heavy, its well put together and it has plenty of power.
Thanks Craig, thats pretty much all i needed.
i was just wanting some general feedback really, i was torn between the Laguna or saving more for an italian machine...

im looking to do mainly re-sawing veneers, i had good results with my record BS400 & tuffsaws but needed more grunt... sold the 400 last week so im in a sunday afternoon shopping mood..
tuff are currently closed to new orders so im waiting on them reopening, i had seen the starrett blades on ebay & was considering trying them.

Gaz

I had a similar dilemma, i spent ages hunting for the best i could find, and I know Laguna are big in the US so i started asking yootoobers what they thought of theirs and on the back of that i took a punt. I couldnt be happier with it, its a proper solid machine.

i would suggest you also look at the following in the same price bracket and for me the best small workshop bandsaw around by powermatic

https://www.raptorsupplies.co.uk/powermatic/1791216k
also it has a really cool colour :cool:
according to the blurb, the max cut on that wood whisperer Powermatic is 6". I presume the OP is looking at the 18BX because like most things, 6" just isnt enough ;)

Back