Laguna owners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StilwellDesigns

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All - I'm looking at buying some Laguna machines, was just wondering from current owners in the UK, what the after sales service is like and availability of parts?

I'm looking at getting a bandsaw, table saw, sander and dust extractors from them.

Any info appreciated!

I brought the 16-32 drum sander from West Country Machinery For Wood

Great service have brought a couple of machines from them and loads of other cutters, etc.

The 16-32 is an awesome bit of kit it took very little set up out of the box i use it on oak and pine

The wood comes off the thicknesser through the drum sander with 120G and then finished on the random orbital at 180 prior to stain and oil

I clean the loading regularly whilst sanding i use cloth backed loadings, it is cheaper to buy a 50 or 100m roll and make your own

The machine has been in the workshop for around 2 years and has had over 1500 board meters through it and never missed a beat, if it broke tomorrow and couldn't be fixed I would instantly replace it like for like

Nick Brown their UK sales director is often on the forum and is great to deal with

D

I'm looking at getting a bandsaw, table saw, sander and dust extractors from them.
You having a big spend out! @Nick Laguna UK will be more than pleased, I have a fusion 3 saw, (bought 2+ years ago, but without the digi read out) I have other options in my shop, but it has become the saw that I use the most, [criticism: mitre gauge is pants, and I have said before it would be nice to have a micro adjust on the fence]
what the after sales service is like and availability of parts?
No idea I haven't had need for any, but I would be confident if you buy through a "reputable" dealer you will be more than covered.

I am working on getting a Laguna drum sander, met up with @Nick Laguna UK a while ago at Norfolk Saw Services open day in Norwich and had a good demo of it, just can't justify buying one at the moment within my current line of joinery.

I checked out a bandsaw and a dust extractor as well when I was there, but I'm already more than covered in those departments.

Hi @StilwellDesigns - thank you for considering Laguna.

I have to be careful with my wording, as I'm not on here to blatantly advertise or promote Laguna, but to reply to your post : we carry a very good and extensive range of spares in the UK and we also treat any customer issues as a priority. The last thing we want is any unhappy customers if there is an issue & we will do everything we can to resolve.

In almost 30 years of being involved in woodworking machinery, I can genuinely say Laguna has the lowest rate of issues of all the brands I've worked with. They are very good machines & I always enjoy hearing the positive feedback from people who are using them.

We only sell through retailers, but feel free to get in touch with me directly if you want at [email protected] - if there's any more detailed Q's you have, then I'm happy to help with. PS. but not next week if OK as I'm on holiday now for a week ;) Our office is still open though [email protected]

Hi and thanks @Chief Sawdust Maker and @HOJ too gents for your feedback & glad to hear you are happy with your machines - @HOJ it was good to see you at Norfolk too 👍.

Cheers all,
Nick

just to add to this, i inherited a Laguna 18BX that actually had been imported, its amazing, i love it... but its a 3phase version of the single phase saw available in uk, so i have never had any transaction through a UK dealer, i emailed Nick at laguna UK needing help & advice, he was amazing & took the time to answer my questions & investigate parts for me & give me his honest advice regarding my problem.
he could have ignored me or just said its not my issue as its not a Laguna UK product so not part of my dealership, he was amazing, cosider me a Laguna fan for life, and i will make sure i buy my next table saw from them, possibly the drum sander too

I’ve recently got a 14Twelve bandsaw. I haven’t needed to sort parts yet as I have only recently got it, but delivery direct from Laguna was fast and efficient - at a day that suited me. The saw itself is a breeze to put together. I got it with the wheel kit as part of a deal from the Saw Centre, and I am glad I did - the thing is heavy. I also only have a limited space, so having the wheels means I can move it forward when in use and tuck it back against the wall when it’s not.

Back