Anyone bought tools from abroad ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not bother by the time you add customs charges, plus the guarantee will be invalid.

bamboo":drgvwqzr said:
I would not bother by the time you add customs charges, plus the guarantee will be invalid.
There are no duty or VAT charges on EU bought items and guarantees are usually valid, they are from the German firms I've bought from in the past.

If you are VAT registered and provide the supplier with your VAT no. then you don't have to pay the VAT either inside the EU. I wish this worked within the UK too, just provide my suppliers with my VAT number, they check with the VAT office online, I don't have to pay the VAT on materials etc. Would make cash flow quite a bit easier but quarterly VAT bills bigger.

Yep, I buy stuff from England. Thomas Flinn, Clico tooling, Ashley Iles and others. :D Just about to buy some more! You are lucky to have such good stuff made locally!

I have bought stuff from Amazon in Germany,, ryobi batteries as they were much cheaper but, you do have to factor in vat as the advertised prices on Amazon.de do not include vat but still got a 4ah 36v battery for approx half the price I could get it in the uk. I also just received yesterday a lair if dewakt rigger boots for £32 again, much cheaper than I could find in the uk, that price included delivery.

Cheers, John

Because you've already paid VAT in Germany and within the EU there are no cross border duties:)

Update, I've opened the box (which appears to have come direct from Mafell) and no flexi rail inside. These saws come complete so it seems the factory have not put it in the case. I have emailed Mr Bort.

Back