Any update on US router?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mufti

Reaction score
Having just read Charleys comments I simply wonder if he had asked if there was a 230 volt option before purchase?
Also see www.stacey-campbell.com for reassurance on universal motors. I think Ryobi have reintroduced their mini biscuit joiner in the US and wish I had bought one when it was sold over here!

The simplest way is to go to a UK site transformer which is centre-tapped and generates +55V on one leg and -55V on the other. Live to earth is therefore not great enough to kill (although it will still give you a belt). The thing to watch is that induction motors will run slower as they are frequency-dependent. A fan-cooled motor running slower gets hotter and the insulation on the windings will break-down quicker and that in turnm reduces the motor life. Some machines with speed controllers don't seem to like working on 50Hz mains power.

Scrit

Hi,

As I bought it from a retailer (Amazon) I didn't bother asking about a 230v version. The model I bought works just fine with a UK site transformer...

mufti":911jv783 said:
Having just read Charleys comments I simply wonder if he had asked if there was a 230 volt option before purchase?

Back