Any ideas anyone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
Beside my hegner scroll saw I also have a Dewalt 788 that must be 25 years old now. I consider this saw to be the best that money can buy. A few years ago I had to have the motor replaced and since then have not really used it because when I did go to use it there was a knocking sound and delving into the inside of machines is not my forte.

Anyway. Yesterday I plucked up the courage to take it apart and even to me it was obvious what was causing the knocking noise and with thanks to Martin I finally got the problem sorted and now it runs just like the day i bought it all those years ago.

The problem I am now faced with is that I have nowhere to put it, what I mean is there is no available bench space so I either make a stand for it or buy one in. I could buy the Hegner stand and swap the saws over but I am loathe to spend such a high price for it. Does anyone have any experience with the stands sold by Axminster. At the moment I am struggling to find the best solution.

Hi Geoff I wanted a hegner stand but thought it was over priced. I went to a local welding firm and thay made me one for a hegner photo I gave them. The cost was very low 65.00 painted hegner red .

Hi Geoff
Before getting the Hawk I made a wooden tripod stand for my Delta, similar to Steve Goods design. Made it out of decking wood from B&Q it worked well and still being used by Grandson
Found it did not need any additional weight( sand bags) as the stand plus the Delta weight a "ton"
John

Many thanks for your comments. I had some friends call earlier today who live nearby, they have just had an extension built and they said they have several lengths of planed 8 x 2. they are 4 metres long so I am going over tomorrow to collect enough to make a 3 legged stand. I know it's over the top but I will use the full width of the timber for the three legs, the two side pieces and the cross member. Once that is all glued and screwed I will make the top from the same. You will be able to stand a tank on it when it's finished but at least it will be solid.

Back