Another workbench on youtube but what a bench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice bench and I fully get the point that having something beautiful to work upon, can lend to making beautiful things, though I myself consider a bench simply a flat surface to work on.

Not often I'll watch such a long vid all the way through, but his techniques with the router were very interesting and informative.

There are a lot of statement benches out there but that one actually looks to be very practical. He said himself its over the top and expensive but by letting it promote his skills it will likely be worth the investment. I usually argue for plain and functional but I could live with that in the shed.
Regards
John

Certainly an impressive workbench, I was going to add workshop too but Blister just beat me to it!!
Couple of points -
Having multiple dogs to stop them from filling up with detritus is precisely what I did on my bench built back in 2011
That solution to wracking on the Moxon vice is neat but I wonder whether his choice of brass is the most appropriate material, I'd have chosen something way stiffer like silver steel or similar. Am sure someone who knows their steels better than I could advise as to optimal hardness/stiffness
/Ed

That's a rubbish bench. Mine's way better. One day I'm gonna take a panorama photo of it, it's so big, and I'll stick it up on here LOL

I am a big fan of split top benches, they make workholding much easier. But if I built that bench, I wouldn't have enough space left to walk around it :)

Back