• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Another Paul Sellers design workbench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

SMALMALEKI

Established Member
Reaction score
After many ups and downs and drawbacks finally I assembled my workbench without a vise.

You might remember how my home made vise project failed due to bends in screws. I have to re-make it. Hopefully this time the stable working base will help me get it to better finish.

Currently I m using a piece of pine and two f-clamps as planing stop.

Some dog holes are coming up.

Still struggling to determine best way to work on edges of work pieces ( have work stands and wedges already).

I am open to finishing options. I was thinking sanding sealer and wax possibly.

Let’s start building some beautiful pieces.

Cheers

I am having difficulty with my photos and have to change them to B&W for the website to accept them.

Attachments

Bodgers

Established Member
Reaction score
I better way of bringing them under the size limit is to just cut the size down by say 50% in your image editor. If you are on Windows, use paint and the resize option and resave the file.

As far as finish is concerned, a repairable one is probably good. Some people say no finish at all. I went for Fiddes Hardwax Oil and I am lretty happy with it. Resists glue, but is repairable.

scooby

Established Member
Reaction score
Bodgers":e0kzdnhl said:
I better way of bringing them under the size limit is to just cut the size down by say 50% in your image editor. If you are on Windows, use paint and the resize option and resave the file.

As far as finish is concerned, a repairable one is probably good. Some people say no finish at all. I went for Fiddes Hardwax Oil and I am lretty happy with it. Resists glue, but is repairable.
I used the same finish and it certainly resists glue if you get rid of it relatively quickly(cant comment for scraping dried glue off). I spilt some pva (quite a lot) on mine the other way and it wiped off very esily with a dry paper towel.
The top of my bench is made from 3 pieces, the centre one I had to change recently as the original had a few shakes and quite a bit of pith in it. Unfortunately, no fiddes left so its bare at the moment.

Latest posts