Another Extraction Question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
miles_hot":2x3gm0f3 said:
Mike.C":2x3gm0f3 said:
extractors like Tom's RSDE2-A are sealed and do not expel any air or dust back into the workshop?

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Mike

I hadn't realised that Tom was running a sodding great balloon which over time takes in all the air in the shop etc - no wonder he's concerned about foot print; by the end of the day he must be squashed into the corner in some claustrophobic, rubber fetishist nightmare! I'd be very worried about all the sharp edges in the shop - can you imagine the explosion? :)

Miles

From the picture I cannot see where it expels air, so instead of taking the pineapple do as I asked and correct me

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":1zkf4f6t said:
miles_hot":1zkf4f6t said:
Mike.C":1zkf4f6t said:
extractors like Tom's RSDE2-A are sealed and do not expel any air or dust back into the workshop?

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Mike

I hadn't realised that Tom was running a sodding great balloon which over time takes in all the air in the shop etc - no wonder he's concerned about foot print; by the end of the day he must be squashed into the corner in some claustrophobic, rubber fetishist nightmare! I'd be very worried about all the sharp edges in the shop - can you imagine the explosion? :)

Miles

From the picture I cannot see where it expels air, so instead of taking the pineapple do as I asked and correct me

Cheers

Mike
Steady on chap - hardly a proportionate response.

Even without a picture is would be pretty logical to assume that some air is expelled and that this would be expelled via filter - this is true of a cyclone, bag filter or drum type.

Sorry you couldn't enjoy the image of Tom pinned to the wall by an expanding dust extractor, but maybe that's just me.

Miles

Just you Miles.

There are vents in the motor head I think. The top cover does not extend down to the top of the lid. I've never thought about it before, but I guess this is where the motor vents.

wizer":3jw33r46 said:
Just you Miles.

There are vents in the motor head I think. The top cover does not extend down to the top of the lid. I've never thought about it before, but I guess this is where the motor vents.

I have a vac from machine mart, the motor vents through a pipe which I stick through the wall - better than blowing the very fine stuff back into the shop. I have it sucking through a crude cyclone, a bag in the vac and a filter.

I've also been running a cabinet fan sucking air from the shop which clears dust in a few mins. I,m thinking of making this into a filter unit which I can run through filters or straight outside.

Mike.C":2h396s2n said:
miles_hot":2h396s2n said:
Mike.C":2h396s2n said:

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Mike

Miles

Cheers

Mike

The records vent the air into the lid (yellow area) through the motor housings as there open. As the yellow lid inst sealed to the body the air escapes through the edges, quite gently though!. So although the it filters down to 0.5micron, it can still vent back into the room if the filters are clogged.

Also by having the hot air vent in to the yellow lid, which is made of a vacuum formed plastic, the lid becomes the area most prone to damage. Especially if the bags become clogged or the bin too full. Ive had my twin motor record lid completely melt so now there's a positive wind from the open lid!! Although works well as a workshop heater!

The only other problem with the plastic lid is the noise levels are high, due to the being no deadening with plastic, unlike a metal lid!

PHIL

Back