Domestic kitchen cooking extraction system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyThinker

Reaction score
The domestic stainless steel cooker hood (600mm. slide out design) in my kitchen stopped working. I like it’s minimal look, more importantly is it's fitted to the kitchen units, also a better extraction performance is desired.

I am thinking of retain the whole casing with it’s filters. As the extract duct 120mm. is already attached from the casing to the external wall grille. I’ll remove the fan motor, leave the inside of the casing empty, remove the external wall grille, and connect the duct (extend a little with a bend) to an 125mm in-line fan mounted to the outside wall and discharge from there.

Will my system work? Will the fan be too powerful that will cause throbbing to the hood and the filters?

Thank you for reading my post.

What is the Cu Mtr/ Hr that your existing cooker hood was supposed to extract with 125mm dia ducting..?
Do you have a link to the in-line fan you are thinking of using...?

I just replaced the duct to the cooker hood that has served us well for the last 20 years.
It's 125mm dia. Both the old hood and the new NEFF that I bought to refresh it (and am sending back) have just 200W squirrel cage type fans.
Big ducts reduce the noise and maximise the airflow.

What is the Cu Mtr/ Hr that your existing cooker hood was supposed to extract with 125mm dia ducting..?
Do you have a link to the in-line fan you are thinking of using...?
One would think that a commercial extractor fan has higher performance that the fan motor in the cooker hood. I am now surprised to find that the 125mm Woods In-line fan that I have in mind only do 0.1m3/s (=366m3/H) @50pa compares to the existing cooker hood stated that 700m3/H (if the information is true) :rolleyes:.
https://www.flaktgroup.com/api/v1/Documents/130163?analytics=0

Back