Android Apps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning All,

I've got a Google Nexus One and i've been really happy with it.

My preffered apps are:

OS Map - it displays UK O|S Maps which can be pretty useful from time to time, even if you don't get to store the maps offline.

MMTracker - I'm only just trialling the free version at the moment but it allows me to view my existing O|S maps that I had for a programme on the PC called memory map which I can store on the phone. I've started to use it instead of OS Map because I don't have to try to download data in the middle of nowhere.

I've had a couple of free pdf file creators too. these have been pretty handy - if i want to scan a document but don't have a scanner in my pocket then I can take a number of photos and combine them as a pdf file. It's pretty good for documents as the file size is low.

I'm sure there are more but my phone is switched off, charging, upstairs, so I'm working from memory.

Chris

A good PC program that apps can use is Mobile Atlas Creator http://mobac.dnsalias.org/
This program creates maps for use offline. A variety of maps can be selected so I downloaded google maps and set the program to convert the maps for Maverick. It runs very well but takes up quite a bit of space. Just to give you an idea of the space needed I downloaded all of Northern Ireland with all the zoom levels minus the two closest levels and it ran to over 12gb :shock: :shock:

Michael

Michael7":2796axhs said:
A good PC program that apps can use is Mobile Atlas Creator http://mobac.dnsalias.org/
This program creates maps for use offline. A variety of maps can be selected so I downloaded google maps and set the program to convert the maps for Maverick. It runs very well but takes up quite a bit of space. Just to give you an idea of the space needed I downloaded all of Northern Ireland with all the zoom levels minus the two closest levels and it ran to over 12gb :shock: :shock:

Michael

Thanks for that Michael. Hadn't seen that before - will take a look.

chippy1970":cwlzzqu9 said:
I have decided to wait for the Desire S to come out next month.

Well I waited and finally got my hands on a Desire S yesterday my first Android phone and so far Im very pleased with it. Much faster than anything Ive had before.

Latest posts

Back