Android Apps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
miles_hot":3fg694w4 said:
eggflan":3fg694w4 said:
Miles , Ninjump is on the free iphone apps in the apps store , your a little ninja running up buildings trying not to die :lol: :lol:

Its worth a look and is free :wink:

Ah I see - but this thread was about Adroid not iphone which is what foxed me :)

Sound fun though - hopefully it will come over soon.

Miles

:oops: :oops: my mistake :lol:

There's an addictive little game called Alchemy. Very simple - you start with 4 elements and have to combine them to make new elements eg fire + water = steam. There are 300 to get in total and its kinda fun seeing what you can come up with. I have 157 at the moment - some are logical and some not. My favourite so far - Dinosaur plus fire = dragon ;) Plus the pics are cool to!

Steve

andycktm":3tyhmtsv said:
ES file explorer, enables you to get "public" files off pc's/laptops wifi :D

I also use this regularly and it works really well. Just tried it with FTP and that was simple. I can't remember the last time I needed to connect the phone to the PC for file transfer.

Another app I tried over the weekend is Subsonic which sets up a media sever on your computer. There's an Android (and iPhone/iPod) app that lets you connect over the net (I used wifi but 3G also available) and listen to streaming media. I just about have signal in the shed and was streaming music without a problem :)

I remembered this thread as I was planning to get myself a new phone with android. That's ordered now and should be here Monday. Can't wait :) Anyway just thought I would bring this thread back to life as there are some amazing ideas and apps mentioned here. Any new ones that can be recommended?

duncanh":1kd3pha6 said:
I installed one last night that appears to work really well - Alarm Clock Plus (free version)

Amongst other things it lets you set it so that to switch off or snooze and alarm you must correctly answer a maths question of selected difficulty. You can also select how many questions you have to answer.

Another app I use regularly when I go geocaching is Geobeagle

Im a bit late at asking for a reply but which phone do you use for geocaching. I got a Samsung Galaxy S but the GPS was terrible so left it back within the 14 days cooling off period. I had a go with a HTC Desire the other day and it was really good, I would say that I could leave my Garmin eTrek H behind and just use a Desire but I hear a Desire 2 is on its way.

Michael

Wood enigma was a little puzzle game that I kept coming back to and the children liked Prism 3D.

You're a sad lot - that's all I can say :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still, I'm going for an iphone when my contract is up for renewal in a few months so I'm sure I'll turn into an apps geek as well :(

Bob

Michael7":1kozv3x6 said:
duncanh":1kozv3x6 said:
I installed one last night that appears to work really well - Alarm Clock Plus (free version)

Amongst other things it lets you set it so that to switch off or snooze and alarm you must correctly answer a maths question of selected difficulty. You can also select how many questions you have to answer.

Another app I use regularly when I go geocaching is Geobeagle

Im a bit late at asking for a reply but which phone do you use for geocaching. I got a Samsung Galaxy S but the GPS was terrible so left it back within the 14 days cooling off period. I had a go with a HTC Desire the other day and it was really good, I would say that I could leave my Garmin eTrek H behind and just use a Desire but I hear a Desire 2 is on its way.

Michael

Wood enigma was a little puzzle game that I kept coming back to and the children liked Prism 3D.

I've got a Desire and a Sony Ericsson Xperia, both top line phones. Both have pretty poor GPS capabilities when I've used them around the town as a GPS even thou the desire is marketed as one of the best SatNav phones. It could be down to the beta google navigation thou.

If your waiting to buy for another phone, don't with the speed that they are advancing there is no way you'll get one thats top for more than a few weeks. Just make sure you get a dual core one with Android 3.0 at the moment, best you can do. But the next SnapDragon chips are already slated to be 4 core so that dual core won't be top for long!

Michael7":ynofaf8e said:
What!! Quad core, i wonder why the need. Phones will soon be quicker than my PC.

Phones will be powering your PC! Microsoft have announced they have a version of windows 7 that runs on the Arm chips that runs the current generation of smartphones. Uses a fraction of the power so it will save the planet! The best bit about it is that its turned the tech world upside down the Arm chip, and it was invented in Cambridge. But you watch, give it a few years and the americans will claim all the glory!

Im sure I heard of one, it may have been on here someone saying about recording phone conversations with Insurance companies. Just do a search on the market place.

Latest posts

Back