Airbrush Advice required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taffy Turner

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about airbrushes?

I am looking for a cheap (<£50) one. It doesn't need to be anything fancy. I just want to use it for spraying spirit stain and acrylic onto some of my turning and scroll saw work.

I have a compressor, but sadly it doesn't have a receiver.

All advice gratefully received.

Gary

i have used the badger range for some time, it looks like many of the axminster ones are either a copy,or the same thing in a different guise.

it is useful to have a water separator if you are intending to spray paints or varnishes.

paul :wink:

I have a compressor, but sadly it doesn't have a receiver.
I have a badger 200 with a larger needle/nozzle which I have used quite successfully to spray large things..rocking horses. It's not ideal for that in terms of time etc but it demonstrates that it can be done. I choose the Badger 200 for pretty much the reasons I just found on this site.
................Single Action - Internal Mix - Bottom Feed
Model 200 airbrushes produce the same soft spray patterns as dual action brushes but require less skill to use them thanks to the needle adjustment screw located at the back of the handle which is used to preset the amount of fluid required. The trigger is only used to activate the air supply. The ease of use makes the 200 an ideal tool for the beginner.............
I found it suited me down to the ground as I didn't need to vary spray density etc on a constant basis, just point at a test card spray and adjust then away you go just constant spray volume. I use a small diaphragm compressor which makes out at 40 psi, if you put a water seperator inline and it's big enough and can regulate your pressure at source to I think about 25 psi you will be OK as the pulses get smoothed out and the water filter acts as a small reservoir, at least it worked for me. Other than that you can use a large fizzy drinks bottle as a reservoir they are made to withstand a huge amount of pressure (assuming your compressor isn't too powerful when saying this) pressure relief valve should be used somewhere:)
Cheers Alan

Back