Air Nailers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bear

Established Member
Reaction score
Or more precisely 18g Brad Nailers

Quick Q
I'm trying to decide which brand to buy. Do all the brands take other manufacturers brads, or do you have to by the manufacturers own brads?

Mark

Hi Mark, i have a Rexon nailer and compressor and
i buy the nails(no name) at Screwfix or Machine Mart. HTH. :wink:

The axminster nailer has depth adjustment which i find useful and i get the brads from them also.

I have an 18g brad nailer, but I do not find it terribly usefull. I recently borrowed a 16g T nailer from a friend and it was a lot more usefull.

I've got a bostitch 18g brad nailer. I use no name brads from screwfix. I love it. I've considered getting a smaller and a larger nailer but really want something decent and money doesn't allow at the moment.

Dave

I have Bostitch 16g and 18g nailers, bought back when I was more of a Normite. They don't get used very often but I am always impressed by the quality when I do use them.

Ed

It's probably between the Bostich, Axi and the Makita which are all about the same price. Sounds like a few of you like the Bostich, I was actually leaning towards the Makita. Just wanted to check I am not tied to a brad supplier, who can then charge me what they want and add a bunch of postage on top too.

Mark

Well DandM Tools state the Makita is out of stock until Feb, and with more happy customers for the Bostitch I think thats the way I'll go now.
Many thanks for all the replies

Mark

I got a few , i have 2 clarke ones and an axminster one i bought from wizer some time ago , the axi one is far better than the other 2 , it leaves no marks even on softwood where the clark leaves a dent around the nail heads .

As for nails i buy whatever is cheapest at the time on ebay , i got 20,000 30ml nails for £2.75 the other week :shock:

Another vote from me for the Axminster one, good price, works very well and like already said it leaves no mark other than the whole where the brad went in. I find it very useful. Its done tons of work, and I don't think its jammed up once

Back