• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Advice needed on heavy duty bandsaws!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

tommyfarms

Reaction score
Morning all!

I'm starting a workshop and need some advice on bandsaws. I'm looking for a work horse, I've been advised to look for something like a Wadkin Dr but I wondered what other machines those in the know may recommend?

I have 3 phase.

I'll be doing a bit of everything from cutting veneers to ripping green timber.

I really don't have any knowledge on bandsaws so all advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers, Tom

Yojevol

Clocking on
Reaction score
You mention Wadkin so you're happy to look into the s/h market. Keep a lookout for Centauro and Agazzani (couple of examples on ebay at the moment as well as Wadkin). Have a look at Scot Sargeant for a good range of new and s/h machines in all sizes.
Brian

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Cutting veneers to ripping green timber.......
I think youre looking for TWO bandsaws :shock: :roll: =D>

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
Sounds like you need a Wadkin PBR, can fit 2 1/2” tipped blades for ripping the green stuff with power feed so it’s dead easy, then you can fit a narrower blade for cutting veneers, also under power feed!

TFrench

Established Member
Reaction score
wadkin, robinson, dominion, wilson are all good old machines. startrite are good but a lot of them don't have a massive height under the guides. Make sure it has any fences etc that it should - modern ones from axminster etc can be fitted but its all money. Plus the old ones are normally nice and beefy cast iron.