About to buy a Multico TH1 any advice?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackal

Wallybois Woodworking on YouTube
Reaction score
About to buy a Multico TH1 any advice?
Someone local to me has one for sale at a reasonable price. I am currently using a Metabo DH330 box planer but I am processing a lot of Oak and those knives are rubbish and thin.
  1. Is there anything I should watch out for?
  2. How much does it weigh?
  3. Is 500 a good price?
  4. How load are they?
  5. Is there an online manual?
Thank you fellow woodies

1: Watch for excessive wear on the feed rollers and noisy cutter block bearings, the wear on the rollers is hard to remedy without the gear to do it and the bearings for the cutter block are around £50 each to replace.
2: I'd wager about 100-120KG or so
3: £500 is about right for a machine in good condition.
4: I don't understand the question, do you mean how much power do they have? I think they were originally fitted with a 2HP motor.
5: I've got a manual posted on the thread I did about restoring mine, it's on page two: THE MOST EXPENSIVE MULTICO TH... IN THE WORLD. (RESTORATION)

1: Watch for excessive wear on the feed rollers and noisy cutter block bearings, the wear on the rollers is hard to remedy without the gear to do it and the bearings for the cutter block are around £50 each to replace.
2: I'd wager about 100-120KG or so
3: £500 is about right for a machine in good condition.
4: I don't understand the question, do you mean how much power do they have? I think they were originally fitted with a 2HP motor.
5: I've got a manual posted on the thread I did about restoring mine, it's on page two: THE MOST EXPENSIVE MULTICO TH... IN THE WORLD. (RESTORATION)
I already read your blog and a nice job you did too. I no longer understand question 4 either!! Thanks for the help and the very informative article. Regards :)

Just picked up my TH1 seemed very good with no real vibration so fingers crossed

Attachments

• IMG_20200901_165559.jpg
    IMG_20200901_165559.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
Back