About Axminster's Tool Auction on Monday

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droogs

Not the Sharpest Moderator in the box
Reaction score
I received an email from Axy the other day about a tool aution they are having on bank holiday monday. In it there are pictures of several of their machines and tools and a link to go to the auction site. Now when I went there to have a looksy all that is listed for me to see is a couple of hand plane irons and a couple of bits and peices from accessories.

Now I have noticed that there is a disclaimer about your location and shipping etc. so i'm just wondering if people further south are seeing any of the machines listed etc and if the free delivery is only to the local area of the shop.

Also got the email. Can't be bothered.
Axy sales rarely discount enough to be worth the effort and I don't like the way I have seen them play on ebay listing the same thing cheap one month, hundreds dearer the next as if that will make it more likely to sell.
You won't be missing any bargains.

I don’t think you can view the machines until the auction goes live on Monday. I’m in the southwest somewhat close to Axminister and can’t see anything yet.

As far as the comments above go, this is the outlet store where returned, repaired or damaged items are sold. Different list prices for the same machine may reflect the condition, although I cannot comment on the other ‘new items’ Axminister ebay store (I don’t see why anyone would choose to go through ebay rather than purchase from the website).

Personally I agree that the outlet savings aren’t usually worth it given the shorter warranty but in this case, bidding starts at 99p with no reserve.

If it's anything like the last auction they had, I wouldn't bother. People bidding to almost new prices ...

morons ..

cheers guys, just thought I may get a birthday bargain seeing as I become old today :roll:

I've also noticed that they've put prices up on their site, for example Big Mouth dust hood went up by £1 - probably to cover the £1 shipping 'reduction' .

Same as last year ...

6 days remaining and already 30 bids ....

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 541
transatlantic":fj9oxixf said:
Same as last year ...

6 days remaining and already 30 bids ....

I got a Record Power DP58B for less than that! Keep an eye on their page as stuff appears in groups. The other day there was a 16B - which I think is the equivalent record power model for £50. I don't think it sold, although it is gone now - I think the auction ended with no bids.

Back