a wee gloat !!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary M

Established Member
Reaction score
after a disaster with my thicknesser,i took it to my local stockist
i then proceeded to browse the tools and machinery (as you do)
no prices on anything !!
after asking for a price on the fox cast iron table saw, (£600 +vat)
the sales man casually said he had a second hand SIP 10" for sale !!
£300+vat was the price he needed
after a bit of bargaining i managed to secure it for £300 all in.
its absolutely as new, in fact theres not a mark on it !!
pick it up next monday as they are closed for a weeks holiday.
i have read all the posts about it, is there anything thats not good about it ??

Only the mitre gauge Gary which is a bit loose in the slot, but at that price you can afford to order an Osbourne or Incra and upgrade it.

You might want to upgrade the blade as well though to a Freud or one of the other better brands.

Terrific bargain at that price, well done !!!

Cheers, Paul :D

Set up usually, everything is adjustable so you have to check the set up lots of info on this on web.It takes time but the settings stay, check all the plastic bits that go on the ends of the fence etc i had to file off high spots.The standard blade is not very good (good one on offer at axminster cmt) do not use narrow kerf the reiving knife is quite thick .
It needs a 16amp supply you can run it on 13amp but you soon get through lots of fuses.

All of the above. I have the next model up and the mitre gauge on that was still rubbish. As Paul says go for a Osbourne or an Incra.

I would also replace the dust extraction pipe which goes to the crown guard as it is complete rubbish.

Before you go out and buy a new blade, check the size of the bore, because SIP changed it on my model to the normal 30mm, but I think the 250mm saw is still 25.4mm.

Also make sure that you have some help to lift it when you get home, because it is one heavy beast.

If you need any other advice don't hesitate to ask.

Nice gloat by the way. =D>

Cheers

Mike

Thanks guys,

Paul, i have the incra 2000 mitre gauge, so will be binning the standard one,

OLD, thanks for the tip with the thin kerf blade as i was going to get one :roll:
not now :lol:

Tiler, 8) 8)

Mike i read your review (well put together) on the 12" version, is the wheel kit available for the 10" as well, what do you think of it ??

Hi Gary, I am really not sure if the wheel kit will fit your model. According to their web site they do not do a set for the 10" saw, but I would check with either your dealer, or SIP themselves, because they might have introduced a kit since the last time they updated their web site. If there is one available then I certainly think it is worth getting.

10" saw http://www.sip-group.com/catalogue/Wood_P218.pdf

12" http://www.sip-group.com/catalogue/Wood_P219.pdf

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Mike

Latest posts

Back