Record cl2 36 x 18 lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picalilli

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I might have the opportunity to buy a record power cl2 36x18 lathe (it’s a blue one so early model?) and wondering if anyone can give some advice. The seller is asking for £600. It comes with a variable speed upgrade, quite a selection of different chucks (think one is a 4 jaw), some nice looking turning tools (some sorby, Ashley isles etc), and the bench it’s mounted on.

I’ve never tried wood turning in my life but would like to try getting into it, suppose the main questions are: is this a decent starting set-up, and is it a good price? Should I go cheaper for a starting setup?

If I go to view it, is there anything in particular I should look out for or ask about? I’ve bought from the same seller before and he sold me some hand tools at a reasonable price, he seems to really look after the tools he has too and is only selling due to ill health.

Thanks

Hi all

I might have the opportunity to buy a record power cl2 36x18 lathe (it’s a blue one so early model?) and wondering if anyone can give some advice. The seller is asking for £600. It comes with a variable speed upgrade, quite a selection of different chucks (think one is a 4 jaw), some nice looking turning tools (some sorby, Ashley isles etc), and the bench it’s mounted on.

I’ve never tried wood turning in my life but would like to try getting into it, suppose the main questions are: is this a decent starting set-up, and is it a good price? Should I go cheaper for a starting setup?

If I go to view it, is there anything in particular I should look out for or ask about? I’ve bought from the same seller before and he sold me some hand tools at a reasonable price, he seems to really look after the tools he has too and is only selling due to ill health.

Thanks
That seems a good deal the lathe is bulletproof and all the kit that comes with it your almost ready to start turning you need a mask faceshield and sharpening system it’s a great lathe to learn on .

Back