A sticky question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penny

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably been asked before about eleventy twelve million times, but...

Glue. Which is the best/best value for money for normal (not construction) use?

what do you mean by "normal, not construction"? I use the same as Phil recommends, but there may be cheaper d3 options. Personally I dont think it is worth the saving- you can guarantee that you will need it to be waterproof if you have bought the stuff that isnt, and there is no flip side.

That said, I try and avoid pva where I can, because I always find a bit where I dont want it. if you are not using a lot, and time isnt of the essence, titebond liquid hide glue is my favourite.

For the workshop, I use cascamite powder for a more "sedate" pace of glueing , and a seamless join,, Gorilla for thin glue lines and speed.
Joiners mate for fast construction work, Helps keep a good workflow and no waiting for a setting time.
Regards Rodders

Gorilla do (at least) two different wood glues, they do a PU D4 foaming thing, which is excellent but horrible, and they do a PVA, which I bought by accident and turns out to be excellent. I'd happily buy it again.

But for choice I use Wudcare PVA. It's D3 rather than D4, but excellent, inexpensive and cures quickly but not too quickly. And I can buy it locally.And in 500ml bottles it doesn't sit on the shelf too long and go off.
Good stuff.
S

Back