A bit of humour with my new Trend T3EK router...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permutation_Jim

Established Member
Reaction score
My trusty little Bosch 500A, bought used, lacks one essential accessory... the snap-on dust collection port. Having looked in vain for a replacement, I finally decided to replace the whole lot with a comparable Trend kit, with all the candy. A commission to build 14 computer workstations for a local primary school gave the purchase a deadline.

I picked up a new Trend T3EK kit on eBay here for just under £45 delivered. Having had all 3/4" panels cut down to size at B&Q from four by eight sheets, I went on-site with my dust extractor, ready to mill these puppies into life.

The box says it includes three collets. I brought my set of 1/4" bits just aching to shape these workstations. So, you guessed it... two 6mm collets and one 8mm collet. Yes, that's three collets...:D but no, none of them are of any use to me :x.

Long story short, check your new tools before relying on them for a job. My 1/4" collet is on its way and should be here in two to three days. It's a good thing I didn't throw out the baby Bosch, as it proved a face-saver in the end. :roll:

Once they're done, I'll post photos.

-Jim

I wouldn't throw out the Bosch either - you may well find a time comes where it helps to have two different routers set up with two different cutters! :wink:

I have the little bosch POF600ACE, which has the variable speed over the 500ace, and i can say it it absolutely unmissable in my workshop, so easy for doing hinges, or a quick round over etc etc, as the machine is so lite,

Yes i also have a Bosch GOF1300 for the heavy duty stuff

It really pays to have two :wink:

Mcluma":2zfzul4b said:
It really pays to have two :wink:
How do you get by with only two? I have er hum 6 :roll: but when they are bolted in to a jig or guide system having another one or two can save loads of set up time and that very useful. 8)

Latest posts

Back