216mm

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norfolk75

Established Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance & lack of knowledge but when I attend my workshop build in the coming weeks will I be able to cut my timber stud work with a 216mm Mitre Saw.

I really don't understand what I'm looking at when looking at the specification of the product etc.

Thanks

If you're talking 2x1 and 2x2 material then yes, no issue. You'll get a more helpful response if you could share a bit more information though :).

LancsRick":17kxoryn said:
If you're talking 2x1 and 2x2 material then yes, no issue. You'll get a more helpful response if you could share a bit more information though :).

Looking at this Saw again the Makita 216mm £249. I'm building a workshop 5x4 metres & so the studs being 4x2 & 6x2. And just wondered if this saw would cope with it.

I posted a fairly bitter review of this saw a while ago (Makita LS0815FL). Personally I would strongly suggest not buying it. The major issue with the one I got is that the fence is very poor and you can't cut accurately with it. Basically the fence is not straight and the front face is not square to the table. There were a number of other issues too. You can get equally poor saws at much lower cost.

If you do still want to get it see if you can check it first, otherwise when it turns up, check the front face of the fence with a good straight edge (at least as long as the fence) and a square.

Back