2022 Secret Santa

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good, reckon we will be needing the extra fuel by december :p
can you send me a large log

We do have the real stuff, you know.
That’s why I put Canadian rye. I could just imagine the flak and comments if I said Canadian whisky! And after googling, and seeing your whisky measurements, a dram? What’s with that! I had to covert that. To ounces. Only 5/8 of an ounce, a drink over here has to have 1 1/4 ounce in it to be a single, so a double would be 4 drams !

Last edited:

Attachments

• 552DD568-B17C-421C-92D1-EF0FBE4B7453.jpeg
    552DD568-B17C-421C-92D1-EF0FBE4B7453.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 0
That’s why I put Canadian rye. I could just imagine the flak and comments if I said Canadian whisky! And after googling, and seeing your whisky measurements, a dram? What’s with that! I had to covert that. To ounces. Only 5/8 of an ounce, a drink over here has to have 1 1/4 ounce in it to be a single, so a double would be 4 drams !
We only use drams in a literary sense, we use metric (by law) - 25cl single. We used to use gills - a measure was a sixth of a gill, a gill being a quarter of a pint. So 24 gills to the pint.

So if you go to bar (pub) and order a shot of whisky , you would get an ounce and a 1/4 here. 1/3 of a gill there. Lucky I only drink beer on occasion , a pint is a pint!

I’ve been trying to figure out what we have in Canada and you guys don’t have a lot of in England, ie Maple syrup. Our corn made rye whisky! Birds eye maple in back yard! Maple Burl every where! Yellow cedar (actually Cyprus)Burl when the loggers don’t throw it out.

Can't wait til crimbo, really am looking forward to it this year 🎅🎅🎅

Anyone know who the lucky so and so was who got drawn to have @Lefley as this years not so secret Santa? ............................ Oh wait a second it was me ..........

Hello Cats,

Sitting in the workshop this afternoon my mind turned to this years Secret Santa.

Phil, thanks for organising again, please count me in. Glad to be involved again in this fun event.

Cheers,

Tony.

It starts in earnest. Some people's addresses and interests change, so please email me - phildotpascoeatsky.com - with

1/ your user name,
2/ your name, address and importantly, your postcode,
3/ a brief summary of your interests (which can also be outside woodworking), and
4/ whether you are right or left handed.

The purpose of my wanting emails with this information only is so that they can be forwarded lock stock and barrel, without any editing. Feel free to ask any other questions but put them in a separate email along with anything else. If you have any requests - someone has already asked for a non turner, and someone once asked not to be drawn to give to or recieve from a particular member - it's much easier arranged from the outset.

I specifically require emails, not conversations : for this purpose conversations are a bloody nuisance, waste time and increase the likelihood of cockups (something to which I have no natural immunity). I asked for emails last year and still got 14 out of 30 lots of information come through as conversations. It's not a difficult request with which to comply, so I'll start at the beginning and not reply to conversations. There's enough involved without people's complicating it.
I aim to do the draw at the end of October, to allow about six weeks before posting in mid December.

Phil.

Back