2011 Forum Competition ? Does anyone fancy joining in ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blister":2osw7588 said:
Hello people :mrgreen:

How about a 2011 Monthly Challenge

12 different projects . one each month

Sound interesting ?

NO CRITIQUE

If I get enough interest in this , I will post some rules ( as few as possible )

I will fund 13 trophies , 12 small ones and a overall winner over 12 months

If you want to take part copy and past you name in the following posts

I am off out now for a while but will look in later and see what happening

:deer :ho2 :deer
Hi, BLISTER. Can i say good luck to all entrants #. AND HAPPY NEW YEAR to every one on the FORUM#

hgb":36tdidcj said:
Blister":36tdidcj said:
Hello people :mrgreen:

How about a 2011 Monthly Challenge

12 different projects . one each month

Sound interesting ?

NO CRITIQUE

If I get enough interest in this , I will post some rules ( as few as possible )

I will fund 13 trophies , 12 small ones and a overall winner over 12 months

If you want to take part copy and past you name in the following posts

I am off out now for a while but will look in later and see what happening

:deer :ho2 :deer
Hi, BLISTER. Can i say good luck to all entrants #. AND HAPPY NEW YEAR to every one on the FORUM#
HGB.

Count me in as well if there is still room,and if I get in before midnight U.K. or is it midnight world.Happy New Year to one and all.

The list of entrants is as follows , If I have missed anyone please shout out and I will amend the list :mrgreen:

Blister

The _stig

Wood spoiler

Melinda_dd

cambournepete

skeetoids

Colin

gus3049

matmac

Pvt_Ryan

callumlovatt

RATWOOD

Jonzjob

TheTiddles

Silverbirch

liamscanlan

SVB

duncanh

Paul.J

Bodrighy

como

whacky

Dust Busker

Haldane

clk230

dennisk

miles_hot

Hudson Carpentry

The Shark

I will Start the competition in a new post

Good luck everyone

Gutted, didn't see this in time to make it onto the list :'( ah well good luck to you all and look forward to the competition / challenge entries over the next 12 months.:)
Miles

miles_hot":1u182eoe said:
Gutted, didn't see this in time to make it onto the list :'( ah well good luck to you all and look forward to the competition / challenge entries over the next 12 months.:)
Miles

Miles , I was thinking of extending the deadline to 14th January ,

That way you could still enter and anyone else and still have time to produce a bowl in time for the end of January

Let me know

Allen

Hi Allen

I think you would be right to extend the deadline a while.

Lot's of people get wrapped up in family stuff over this period and May have missed the original posts. It will give a period for others to catch up.

The more the merrier (although i am not the one that will try to administer it! )

I see this as a shared personal challenge and of learning more techniques and extending my repertoire through trying new and different things. Seeing how others interpret and create things will be part of that learning curve.

Keep up the good work

Regards

Colin

I wouldn't mind having a go!

Do you have to submit each month? Quite a few of the projects I can't do due to not having the gear to do it all or even some on the lathe and few tools i have. I don't have the correct chuck for bowls so can't do anything hollow really or bigger then 4"

Been thinking about a candle stick holder for a while. Can I drill the hole for the candle with my piller drill?

Hi Blister,

Due to work commitments, I won't be able to submit every month, but if we are allowed to enter and submit a piece when we are able, I would like to be in too, please.
If not, thanks for organising, and hope it runs well without too many teddies out of the pram :wink:

Malc :D

Hudson Carpentry":1o6srp50 said:
I wouldn't mind having a go!

Do you have to submit each month? Quite a few of the projects I can't do due to not having the gear to do it all or even some on the lathe and few tools i have. I don't have the correct chuck for bowls so can't do anything hollow really or bigger then 4"

Been thinking about a candle stick holder for a while. Can I drill the hole for the candle with my piller drill?

Hi , You do not have to enter a piece every month , although if you do not enter anything you get no points , The points are as follows

1st each month 5 points
2nd each month 4 points
3rd each month 3 points
All other entry's each month 1 point

No entry 0 ( zero ) points

The Shark":21sflcuh said:
Hi Blister,

Due to work commitments, I won't be able to submit every month, but if we are allowed to enter and submit a piece when we are able, I would like to be in too, please.
If not, thanks for organising, and hope it runs well without too many teddies out of the pram :wink:

Malc :D

Hi Malc

The same answer for you mate :wink:

Hi , You do not have to enter a piece every month , although if you do not enter anything you get no points , The points are as follows

1st each month 5 points
2nd each month 4 points
3rd each month 3 points
All other entry's each month 1 point

No entry 0 ( zero ) points

I will list a monthly running points total :mrgreen:

NO teddies out of the pram allowed , The Judges decision is final :lol: :lol:

Thank you, are you allowed to use drills for some parts, as long as most of the project is turned in a lathe? Im talking drilling for the candle hole (where most will use a drill in there lathe, i can't) and to remove the tenon when turning bowls between centres?

Hudson Carpentry":qrwm7oul said:
Thank you, are you allowed to use drills for some parts, as long as most of the project is turned in a lathe? Im talking drilling for the candle hole (where most will use a drill in there lathe, i can't) and to remove the tenon when turning bowls between centres?

Make it how you like with what tools you have , as long at it conforms to the few rules for each monthly project , stated on the first page of the thread :p

Blister":z97zqb32 said:
Hudson Carpentry":z97zqb32 said:

Make it how you like with what tools you have , as long at it conforms to the few rules for each monthly project , stated on the first page of the thread :p

Am i being thick again? there are no rules on page one of this thread? can't see any other thread for this other the someone asking if they can be excused from janurays. (For some reason when i click view new posts there was 4 pages, i read one post and clicked view new posts again and there was on 4 posts, not 4 pages? )

Back