1930' window seat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahomo59

Established Member
Reaction score
Managed to squeeze in another home project, a long awaited window seat for our 1930's home. Now Avonplywood stock lacquer birch it speeds things up hugely for me and I've learnt Sketch Up which also helps and speeds up working out cutting lists.
This project, I didn't cut anything. Only routering in grooves etc, Blum bores and assembly. Had everything cut, stiles rails, panels, drawer boxes the whole lot.
Seat area, raised pieces and vertical panels are 22mm mr mdf as are stiles and rails. Sprayed morrells WB coloured match to F&B Brinjal.
Handles yet to go on... Need to give the wife some thing to moan at me. My little girl soft enough to lie on it with no cushion!

Very nice - our bay window looks similar. I like the way you managed the corners with those higher end cabinets.

Our house is 1930s too, I'm beginning to think my wife is as well!

Excellent build M. I've got to build one for our 1970s home but on a curved Bay window, there going to be a sketchup struggle!
Paul

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

As it's difficult to make out from the photo's I would be interested to know how the window seat was levelled up in situ.
Was the floor bang on flat or did you add shims or was some other trickery involved?

The bay is curved and was tricky to scribe in raised area, used 6mm mdf templates.

It's levelled on strips of 50mm wide 18mm ply packed up on plastic packers to level.

Re air vents, I did think about it being against solid wall. I left a fair amount of room behind the cabinet boxes before attaching the lids and it's all open under the cabinet at the bases.

Latest posts

Back