Hi from Hungerford

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Bay

Reaction score
Hi from a sodden westerly West Berkshire

Just joined (tho' a long time lurker) so I thought I best say 'Hi'.

Can't claim to make anything approaching fine furniture but I'm a reasonably skilled DIYer who can turn his hands to most things. What I enjoy the most though is designing and making items for the home, mostly storage solutions constructed from veneered mdf. I don't unfortunately have the luxury of a workshop so make do with a garage, a B&D Workmate and a large patio area for dust making! Nevertheless I (and more importantly the family) are pretty happy with the end results.

For panel cutting my main tool up to now has been an 18v circular saw and a straight edge, but for my next project (some bespoke bedroom furniture) I'm contemplating the purchase of a track saw for ease of use and speed. I may also invest in an MFT tabletop and make a portable workbench to replace my aged B&D workmate. Other powered items are a heavily fettled Trend T4 router, some Ryobi 18v drills and an orbital sander.

Thanks for reading this.

Tim

1680265540461.png

Telephone Table

Back