UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really good work as ever. My sister gave a load of Oak Priory furniture away when she got divorced. I wasn't best pleased when i found out but managed to bag a small table from her, which i still have.

Been wavering on whether to post this. I don't want to offend anybody. Intarsia's not my thing. When I first started on ukw I didn't give it a second look. Lets be straight. I'm a new comer to wood working. But I used to think. What's all that about. Why would you do all that? It serves no purpose. I always respected it. Don't get me wrong.
My apologies. You guys have educated me. That otter is magnificent. 'Look at me hanging onto the reeds in the current!' You caught it mid glance. Amazing stuff. Once again I am reminded to keep my mind open! I might be an eejjit but I recognise mastery of craft when I see it. When I saw the Dragon I was impressed but this for me is even better in a way. It's artful. You captured poise and movement and grace. Fair play. Long live having your mind changed eh?! You're an artist. Enough of an artist to open a door in a closed mind.
Regards and thanks Brian. A synapse just popped. ;)
I learnt summat today.
Cheers
Chris

Thanks for sharing this photo of your excellent work and also the comments re having a go at intarsia. I am a newbie at scrolling although learning more each time at the machine. Thanks also to everyone who have talked about the sources of obtaining timber from recycled materials and charity shops etc. It will hopefully help me to build up my stocks. Happy Christmas and happy scrolling.

Latest posts

Back