Best method to stick and remove patterns

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troyboy1

Reaction score
I’m trying to make Wooden Clocks ,What is the best glue spray to use to stick my patterns ,and what do I use to remove the pattern,Links to products appreciated,

I've always used dilute PVA or double sided tape. DS tape can leave a residue which needs a solvent to clean off, but not onerous. Any PVA residue will clean off with a light sanding. Self adhesive sheets as above would be worth a try but I've not used them myself.
What clock are you attempting?
Brian

Re-positional spray glue, onto the back of the paper. There are several brands available, I'm currently using the purple can from Crafters Companion. Any little residue that remains comes off with a light sanding.

I use the ordinary stick glue (called "Prit Stick" here) BUT I do cover the whole job woth masking tape or parcel tape beforehand, then stick the pattern on to that.

I’m trying to make Wooden Clocks ,What is the best glue spray to use to stick my patterns ,and what do I use to remove the pattern,Links to products appreciated,
i discuss this very subject on my new website in the Help and advice section under "Fretwork help".

Back