scroll saw pattern Bear Family Wooden Puzzle Toy Family

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Where can I get a Bear family puzzle? a pattern like the one in the photo or a better one 4 bears two adults and two cubs please Although I am only a beginner I would like to try and make one for my sister Mock

Attachments

• 64edbc5d176f7.jpg
    64edbc5d176f7.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 0
Try and draw it.

Make a grid of squares and slowly draw the shapes using the squares to about keep on track.

Alternatively you could print it off in a larger format then use first tracing paper to get the outlines, then use carbon transfer paper to put the design on a flat bit of board.

You could make the copy onto mdf X amount of times*, cut each one out and make a template of each using a router and template cutter. This way you'll have a series of templates you can use time and again.

* because bandsawing it out its not going to be exact, you go over the line then sand back till exact, then the opposing bear, etc so you have 4 templates

Well, what about the picture you’ve already posted? Is there a pattern for that bear family you could buy? Failing that, try searching for “bear family scrollsaw pattern” or something like that.

As you seem to only want one for your sister I wouldn’t bother with creating a template - unless you are going to create several of them. But I’d always use a copy of the pattern just incase you ever wanted to cut another one.

I always print my pattern onto an A4 sticky label which grips the wood and is easily removed after being cut out. Cut out each character one at a time and if you slightly go over the line it won’t matter too much as the next character will obviously still fit snugly.

A single cut, as accurately as possible, will mean the pieces fit back together again perfectly. That way you won’t be constantly sanding individual pieces trying to make them all fit together.

This sort of thing may be helpful

https://www.wooden-toy-plans.com/scroll_saw_patterns.html?utm_content=cmp-true

Back