044 plough plane spares?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldkev

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title really.... im looking for the little clamp piece that tightens onto the blade..... if anyone has a busted plane they'd flog me, or knows if parts are available, please shout 👍

It's the one bit most often missing, and hence rare. :rolleyes:
Yep, im suprised someone hasnt started knocking them out and putting them on ebay for 15 quid! I wonder if a 3d printer would produce something strong/ rigid enough?

Quick update, after trawling ebay, i bought a 'body only' for £18 including delivery. The body contains a blade and clamp though 👍

Well done..... those clamps are like rocking horse poo in the wild when they go missing. Very fortunate.

The same clamp was used on the Record 040, 043 and the 044 planes and the vast majority are interchangeable, though I did have one where the pivot points would not fit and needed a tickle with a file.

It is necessary to keep a blade locked in place at all times on these planes, though I have made up some 2 inch long lanyards with a loop at each end (a round electrical lug is perfect) that attaches the screw on the clamp to the screw on the depth stop which is beside it........ the clamp just dangles when it is loose and doesn't get buried in shavings.

It doesn't get in the way at all in use.

IMG_0924.JPG

When the new one rocks up I'll trace round it on cardboard and stick the cardboard in the shed..... then when / if i ever get time, i might have a crack at making a couple. It seems a shame to junk so many planes just because the clamp is missing.

If it looks like a p.i.t.a, i probably wont bother 😆
The link to the other thread had a drawing including the sizes etc, but i dont do / have cad ( but i do have card 🤣 )

Yep, im suprised someone hasnt started knocking them out and putting them on ebay for 15 quid! I wonder if a 3d printer would produce something strong/ rigid enough?
after all the fees you'd only make a pittance, so that's why.

Back