Any Pressure washer Experts here?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrDavidRoberts

Established Member
Reaction score
I got a nilfisk c110 ( 110bar) at my other house for just washing car/patio etc, does a decent job, however when washing patio I feel It could do a better job.
I'm after another pressure washer now and can't decide whatever to get another c110 or get something a bit more powerful , I'm looking at the c130 ( 130bar). However I'm not really sure how much does extra 20bar helps?
What would be the actual difference in capability for dirt/heavy grime shifting from old patio?

-Almost no difference but just takes less time?
-it would do a much better job and would take out more grime and make patio cleaner?
-Mindblowing difference?

Looking for some input from someone who has maybe used more than 1 machine and can compare the machine ability at those ratings?

We had a SH Karcher which was rated for 110 bar. It recently died and picked up the petrol offering from Lidl. Not sure on bar but it blows the Karcher away. Had to clean out one of our barns which had previously been cleaned with the Karcher and it was like chalk and cheese. It's possible the Karcher was down on power when I first got it so can't be sure it was a fair comparison.

Edit. Just looked up the spec on the Lidl petrol model and it's 180 bar so should have blown the Karcher into the middle of next week :D That much difference in power makes a huge difference on stubborn dirt.

Karcher 120bar OK still going strong after 15 years.

Lidli petrol lasted one season.

Karcher K7 at 180 bar mind blowing difference.

Mike

Not up to barn cleaning, but I have just bought a black and decker. It has a really good attachment like an upside down saucepan with two jets on a rotating arm. This concentrates the spray into very small area and does away with the 20 foot damp area that you usually get from the spray.
Like I say, domestic use only, but pretty good for occasional use.

+1 on the patio head much cleaner to use.

Pete

I have had, for at least 12 years, a Karcher professional model that hot washes (using diesel and boiler). It is adjustable up to 3000 psi (around 208 bar I think). Hot wash / steam makes a big difference. But it is a big thing. I have only had it serviced twice. They go on for ever seemingly. The lance nozzle makes a significant difference for patio cleaning.

MikeJhn":2z2nv6hb said:
Karcher 120bar OK still going strong after 15 years.

Lidli petrol lasted one season.

Mike

3 year warrantee on them now :D

The rotating patio cleaning heads are fine on ceramic tiles, wooded patio's and the like, but do not do a very good job on terra-cotta or any heavily patterned absorbent tiles, for that you need the circular jet wash head, trouble is it will take out any pointing that's loose.

Mike.

What Mike said. I have one with my Karcher K5 and it really blasts the dirt off along with anything else that's loose. Almost takes the skin off your fingers if silly enough to get them in the way :oops:

I'm on my second Karcher in 20 years, had this one for 10 and the original still being used by my son. Always a great excuse to buy a new toy when you can offload to your offspring :lol: :lol:

I offloaded my Karcher to my daughter and went for a Nilfisk 150. I was very pleased with the job that it has done on my drive and I'm now waiting for a few days of sun to dry it out and so that I can sand it.

Neil

The pressure washers (Karcher, Nilfisk etc) aimed at the domestic market are fine for most tasks around the home.
However they are a country mile away from the professional (Honda, Loncin etc.) petrol/diesel 15lpm+ washers used in the trade exterior cleaning industry which are fast and effective.
If you just want to annually clean your driveway or patio etc. without spending hour after hour it would be more cost effective to hire a powerful pressure washer from a Hire Shop for a day rather than buy one.

Back