Our house!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jonz. Would you be interested in splitting the sale? To explain, I'm about to do a loft extension so would be interested in just buying the roof. I have an old fiat 126. Do you think we could get into the boot with a bit of wiggling if we both lift it? How much does the roof weigh? Maybe we could put it on a pallet?
Anyway. Let me know what you think.
Cheers
Chris

I knew that I would get a lot of innterest on here :?

More missing the English beer than the weather, but weather the whether would make a difference? Not sure. Too dry, too much sunshine, too much wine, too much time in the pool. I could go on about the huge amount of wine and now having to pay more than 5€ a bottle for the AOC wines and if you take yer own container it's more than 2€ a litre for the cooprative stuff.

It would take at least 2 pallets Bm and they wouldn't go in a 126 mate. Plus, it would make it difficult to seel the rest without a lid. It would reduce the price too much. You lnow, the same way as trying to sell a Dinky toy without the box. :? So, job lot or nowt I'm afraid.

I just had another look at the ad and it looks so good that I might but it?

Hi Jonz, Shame you have leave such a beautiful place, I love Carcassonne and your house looks beautiful too. Will you be taking all your tools with you or you planning on selling off any large machines? I might be interested as I'm upgrading my workshop. Good luck, Froggy.

Bonjour Froggy. It was a difficult decision, but age, family, etc. have come into the mix?? Ta for your good wishes.

No, I won't be getting rid of owt if I can possibly help it. So I can't help you out there mate.

Where are you, roughly, in the S/W??

We are off out to the village celibrations in a minute. Then off with the Anciens Comabttants for lunch. I was asked if I would like to join the Association about 910 years back. Still the only Englishman to be invited and I feel very proud about it. They are a good bunch and make us feel very welcome. It's a pity that the U.K. don't celebrate the end of the war in Europe.

Jonzjob":3dd5vaok said:
Bonjour Froggy. It was a difficult decision, but age, family, etc. have come into the mix?? Ta for your good wishes.

No, I won't be getting rid of owt if I can possibly help it. So I can't help you out there mate.

Where are you, roughly, in the S/W??

We are off out to the village celibrations in a minute. Then off with the Anciens Comabttants for lunch. I was asked if I would like to join the Association about 910 years back. Still the only Englishman to be invited and I feel very proud about it. They are a good bunch and make us feel very welcome. It's a pity that the U.K. don't celebrate the end of the war in Europe.
Hi John, I hope you enjoy your day. It is great that the French put so much effort into remembrance. I'm just north of Limoges, moved here almost 12 years ago now. Similar story to yours actually, fell ill and retired here to woodworking. I've just looked at you woodturning website and you made some beautiful things, long may it continue.

So you will not only be leaving France but the EU as well :D

And leaving sunshine!

According to a certain Eurocrat English will soon become a less important language.....

No way Robin, I am my own sunshine mate!! We will be back to visit a lot of friends me-thinks and our love affair with France is not over by a long chalk!

The only place we have visited up you way Froggie is Orador sur Glan. What a place! I expected to see people walking out of the ruined houses and to see a tram arrive. I have never been in such a strong atmosphire! For anyone who doesn't know it then do a search on the name. It has an incredible history to go with that ambience!

As for the celibration today. It is lovely to see the school children reading out the names of the dead from the village due to the wars. It includes them in that memory and god forbid that it should ever be forgotten! Then on to the 'vin d'honour' and the free knibbles and wine. followed by the lunch for the Anciens Combattents, 2 dozen of us with loads of good food, wine and company. We were the only 2 English speakers there and that don't arf concentrate the mind. It's amazing though that French gets much easier after a couple or 3 pints, sorry, galsses of wine? Well? I might have been correct with the pints? :wink: :? English was definately not an important langue todat!

Really sorry to hear about your move back to UK Jonzjob. I've decided that come what may, I'm a permanent fixture here now (house and country), and I'm old enough not to have any "serious" UK family calls left so I can make that statement with certainty. And apart from anything else, I've only just now got the cellar workshop coming into shape too (only been here since Feb 1993)!

I know your area fairly well (lovely) and the house looks greattoo - difficult to sell in these uncertain times (but at least you didn't end up with Mdm Marine!)?

All the best mate, and really sorry, it must be pretty dire in the family to bring you back - best of luck with that.

AES

You mean the lovely Mme Marion Anne Perrine Le Pen, to give he her proper name? She got in really and Macoon's win is just false news :shock:

We've got an immobilier (estate agent) coming round this afternoon to take some more photos. When he arrived before I went and greeted him in my best French (?) and he turned out to be English! So that shoud make it easier for us?

Something that may surprise some of you the other side of the 'cut' is that the immos here only charge a fee of 5 or 6% ! That should really make you jelous init :shock:

The agents fees here are double that, but people won't pay it and search out houses without the agents to save the fees. So the agents are losing out and I think more and more they are beginning to realise this and lowering their fees and in many instances they are lowering their fees during negotiations to help push the sale through. Good luck John.

5% -6% that's a crazy amount!

There's quite a rise in the UK for selling houses with online virtual agents because everybody searching for houses now looks on rightmmove as a starting point sacing having to trawl round agents in a town and the online agents will include a placing on rightmove.

Yes a crazy amount, but they are going down as when we moved over in 2004 they were 8% with an immobelia. We were lucky and dropped on a notair group in Carcassonne and were odd in that they had an immo service. The lass who sold us our place is a Brummy! And is still a friend. The notairs fees were about 4% at the time so a 'bargain' ? That immo closed because the stupid notairs could not agree between themselves. So now it's not an option.

As I said up top, we have a couple of on line ads on U.K. sites and there's an up front charge for a 6 month period, but they are only doing the shop front bit and advertising it, not trying actively to sell it.

Ta again everyone for your good wishes.

You didn't make any ref to Oradour sur Glan Froggy? Have you been there yet?

For any wot don't know the story, if you google 'oradour sur glan' there's a very good history on it and the horrors that occured there by those brave SS soldiers! The rusty car was a doctors car. He was out of the village when the killing started. When he drove back in he was just lined up with the others and shot too. The village has been left as a memory as it was on the day and a new village built alongside it. I'm not sure I would like to live in the new village with that memory so very close!

Hi John, I never mentioned Oradour sur Glane for the same reason you wouldn't like to live there. It's a place that sends shivers down my spine. I have been there a few times, the last time with a guide who told us the most horrendous stories. I don't really ever want to go back there, but I do have to pass through there from time to time.

Back