• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Metal lathe SOLD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merlin

Established Member
Reaction score
Originally this was an overhead belt driven machine but was converted to a motor years ago.

I have restored the headstock, tailstock and bed but no longer have the space for it so the carriage still has to be looked at, the parts are present and it shouldn't take much work to finish it, I was going to put it in the garden as an ornament but it is too good for that!

It runs off 240v and I have used it as a drilling platform, the approximate size is 66" x 16".

SOLD

Merlin

Attachments

• mervins lathe 1.jpg
    mervins lathe 1.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 914
  • mervins lathe 3.jpg
    mervins lathe 3.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 914
  • mervins lathe.jpg
    mervins lathe.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 914
  • mervins lathe 2.jpg
    mervins lathe 2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 914
Hi - Just advising a colleague about this. Can I ask what is with it please. e.g. Chuck(s) Motor, Steady`s etc. Does it have cross feed.

It has powered cross feed but looks like a shaft is missing, a 4 1/2” chuck, 11 different gears for screw cutting and feed drive and a thread dial, back gear seems fine.
The motor works well but could do with a new belt and main switch - it has no steady.
It is about 30” between centres, 6” centre height and 1 3/8” spindle bore.
It was owned by B.X.co ltd originally and was supplied by EH Jones in London.
It is quite old and has some wear but I am sure that with some tlc it would be good for years to come.
It’s bloody heavy but can easily be taken down to smaller chunks for transport in a van or bigger estate car.

Merlin

£50?
For a 6" metal working lathe?
Pity you are in Oxfordshire.
This would be a lovely machine for the basis of an ornamental type lathe for wood.

K

Back