Brummie Bash-20th September.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul.J

Established Member
Reaction score
Well after a lot of thinking ooing and aarring,i,well we swmbo that is have now decided to have a bash here in Brum :D
So if you are interested let me know :D
No doubt that dates will be an issue so if you could let me know we can try and arrive at a date that suits most if not all :shock:Though September would be good :wink:
Been a relative newbie myself,any expert or professional help/advice would be appreciated on the day with demos.
Numbers will have to be limited to around 15,so first come etc.
So what d'ya think :?:

Same here :D

Am on call at work alternate weeks,but can swap to be free virtually any weekend (although second half of August is out,due to my holiday cover at work getting married in Greece,so September sounds better for me also.)

Andrew

Brummy Bashing !

:evil: ... just show me the brummy .... :D

oooh oo - sorry ... I see ...

yeah - I'd be up for that , dates permitting too !

put me at the bottom of the list tho - as I am new here and not as important as most of you :)

Rich

Would be great to meet up wiv some of you. If there's room for a little one, put me on the list, September sounds OK to me. As long as 'er indoors don't want to go away in the caravan at that time. :roll:

Paul, Wouldent I love to be at that, but I am hopeing to go to the Westonbirt show,but am haveing trouble with Ferries. They are talking of cutting services because of oil costs.
We have a Daughter buried in Lodge Hill Cemetry at Kings Norton,and we visit when ever we are over. So between the ferry problems and arranging with the Grandchildren It would be impossible to give an answer. But I hope tou have a fantastic day whenever it is .
PS I have been known to gatecrash but I would give you a PM beforehand. :D :shock: :lol: :roll: Regards Boysie

Thanks for the replies so far folks :D
Graham just remember to bring your Brummie translation book with you :lol:

Andrew.It will be great to meet,and congratulations on the wedding.
I don't want to interrupt the honeymoon period though :lol:

Tusses
You are welcome.You are only local.

TEP.It will be great to meet.Swmbo can come if she would like.

Boysie.If you can make it you are more than welcome.We are only about 15 mins from KN.Even if you have to gatecrash :D

Just have to fix a date :?

I am up fopr that Paul if it's not oversubscribed. I have a friend I often stay with stay with so could make a weekend of it. Probably (hopefully) be down in Corwall by then so will need a bit of noticwe to sae up for the petrol :cry:

Pete

Bodrighy wrote
I am up fopr that Paul if it's not oversubscribed.
Still plenty of room Pete,it will be a pleasure to see you again.
You know where we are,just a pity it's sooooo far to travel.Should be worth it though :D

So we seem to have some of the more experienced members coming :D
Would anyone like to do a demo or two on grinding for example which seems to be a problem to beginners.
I have the Sorby jig,to show,which i am just coming to terms with,i think,but if some one would like to bring there own set up or even doing it freehand it will be worthwhile i should think.
If anyone else are having any other turning problems we could also try and sort those out on the day.

Paul.J":gxuq8kj8 said:
[
Would anyone like to do a demo or two on grinding for example which seems to be a problem to beginners.
I have the Sorby jig,to show,which i am just coming to terms with,i think,but if some one would like to bring there own set up or even doing it freehand it will be worthwhile i should think.

I can do a demo on how to make your tools short in record time :lol:

Like most of us newbies I suspect that a sharpeing demo would be a God send. I still do it free hand and it works after a fashion but every time I get it right ( by accident usually :oops: ) I can really feel the difference

Pete
Pet

can I come too I will have the wife with me
can bring the pro edge sharpening system with me

RATWOOD wrote
can I come too I will have the wife with me
can bring the pro edge sharpening system with me
Chris you are both welcome,and if you don't mind doing a demo with the Pro Sharpener than that will be great :D

You can count me in Paul. Now I know what it is I can bring my hamlet hollowing tool. I'm sure I can come up with some other stuff by the time the bash comes around.

Cheers,

Dave

Bodrighy":1c9tldmw said:
I can do a demo on how to make your tools short in record time :lol:
:D :D :D :D heh heh... thats ace ! :D :D :D :D

Paul - I'd love to try and make it to that ( Bash )... its a wee while away, and as such, a little difficult to 'cast in stone' at the moment... do you think it'd be ok if I could try and get along ?
I'd love to meet some of you guys and learn something !
Flights from Aberdeen to B'ham are dirt-cheap on BMIBaby, especially if booked a little in advance, and car-hire is easy to make happen from there, to complete the journey.

I can demonstrate how to dig a gouge into a bowl, causing it to bust the foot that took you 20 minutes to fashion, and have the entire piece part company with the chuck and direct itself towards one's face... cause I appear to be good at that :wink: Its a 'skill' that most of you will probably have lost some time ago ! :D :D :D

Would it be 'in order' to ask to come along ?

Dave you are welcome :D

Jenx wrote
Would it be 'in order' to ask to come along ?
Jenx you are more than welcome :D We are only 10 minutes from the airport.
Swmbo was talking to her sister only yesterday saying how cheap a flight to Scotland is £4.99 :shock: can't be right,can it :?:

Powertool wrote
Anybody asked Gill if she wants to bring her scrollsaw along,and do a demo?
Gill if you would like to then by all means it would be great :D

Paul.J":2ur13b4u said:
Powertool wrote
Anybody asked Gill if she wants to bring her scrollsaw along,and do a demo?
Gill if you would like to then by all means it would be great :D

That'd be great I think Gill was hoping to come last year but couldn't make it. Be really interesting as I think she was hoping to investigate how her work could be incorporated into ours.

Pete

Paul.. I'm doing the flight to Brum on the 20th of this month.. BMI Baby and SWMBO's right... I was £2.99 !
( Taxes etc were another £20.00 ) but even at that, bargain !
I've to go pick up a new car I've bought in Kings Lynn... could have flown to Norwich, but that was £140, and either way.. a hire car was needed, so thats another £65.

Just in the process of changing job .. start with new company at the beginning of July, so I'm hoping that a request for a couple of days off in September won't be too much of an 'ask' by that time ! :wink:

Really hope to make it... be brilliant to meet some 'real turners' and pick up some hints ! :D

Latest posts

Back