Young lady.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskywill

Established Member
Reaction score
On Friday's Children In Need day our kids were allowed to go to school wearing their own, preferably spotty clothes. My daughter got dressed in her spotted skirt, spotted T shirt and red tights. When I was leaving for work about ten minutes late she had changed into white tights. When I asked her why she had changed she replied "Because these are more fashionable."
She is 5 years old.

It's scary stuff.

My granddaughter is 5, will be 6 end of February and goes to weekly swimming lessons where she has recently managed 50 meters which is a great achievement, I'd struggle with that now. :lol:

At her last lesson she really didn't want to go as her previous female teacher had left and there was a new one. This happened to be a young guy and after 5 minutes she swam to the side gave a thumbs up and said to mum " I LOVE him".

Watching her during the lesson it was obvious that she was openly flirting, touching his hair and giggling.

Scare's the bejeebers out of me as her grandfather. :roll:

Another gem, this time from my 5 year old son.

When his mother was explaining the role of a policeman in stopping people doing what they are not supposed to do he responded with "Like when a man is supposed to go to Bluestone (a holiday resort in West Wales) with his family and stays at home to drink whisky?"

A couple more from our little precocious princess in the last week.

1) "Mummy, do you know which is the hardest bone in your body?" Mum says " No I don't Alice". Hands go on to hips " well it's your elbow and you REALLY should know that mummy as you're a nurse!" #-o

2). I got a long lecture at the weekend about how rainbows are formed and she used the word diffraction as she explained in detail how light hits the droplets in the air.
I was gobsmacked, how the hell does a 5 year old know the word and what's more I've since found out she can almost spell it, just missed out an "f" !!!! :shock:

Hands on hips. Daddy ........ can you explain to me EXACTLY why the sun and the moon are in the sky at the same time? She was eighteen months old. :shock:

We went to visit her dying great great grandmother. She smiled, lifted her hand and inch or two, then closed her eyes.
Sophie looked at me, squeezed my hand and said I think we should leave great grandma now - she's tired and she's going to sleep now for a very, very, very long time. She was twenty one months old - the scary part was that all the while she looked straight up into my eyes without blinking.

She's 23 with a good degree and a good job, living with the same lad she's been with for ten years (a six foot sixteen stone rugby playing builder), getting married May 2022. No problems there - her life is better sorted at 23 than mine was at 43. :D Now ..... the boy .......

Lons":3jif0i96 said:
I was gobsmacked, how the hell does a 5 year old know the word and what's more I've since found out she can almost spell it, just missed out an "f" !!!! :shock:

My daughter came out with something similarly surprising about a year ago. Her mother had reason to comment that her twin brother was being rather particular. He asked "What does particular mean?"
Daughter said "I know what it means. It means pedantic."

My three are late twenties and what they say and do STILL surprises me...especially when the arty one tries to argue with her biologist father that some science she's picked up surfing, "must be true, 'cos it had 6 million hits on Google"...strewth....gimme strength!

Sam

My 5 year old son has a chocolate intolerance so his intake is carefully monitored. When he asked for a chocolate mousse, I didn't know if he was allowed one so suggested that he asked his mother. His reply was "If you built the house, why is mummy the master of the house?"

That is one question I would like to know the answer to.

SammyQ":391ykkhv said:
My three are late twenties and what they say and do STILL surprises me...especially when the arty one tries to argue with her biologist father that some science she's picked up surfing, "must be true, 'cos it had 6 million hits on Google"...strewth....gimme strength!

Sam

You had your chance! Trying to "adjust" them at this late stage might be asking a bit much. Twenty years ago.....different story.

Back