yandles timber

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark w

Established Member
Reaction score
Yandles have some hardwood called Gonbena, I`ve Googled it but can find nothing about it, the chap at Yandles on Saturday knew nothing about it either. does anyone out there know anything about it?

Was it a Dark wood?

By any chance Gombeira

Would not be the first time I've seen wood there with a creative spelling used.

I've just bought some and can't find any reference to it anywhere. I know the writing on the timber at Yandles can be a bit difficult to translate at times, but I cannot find anything that even comes close. That said, it looks very much like Wenge to me.

There is definitely a reference to Gombeira as @CHJ has noted. Someone could easily have written the name down wrongly after all, an ill formed 'm' could easily be mistaken for an 'n', and 'ir' for n. People on guitar forums seem to be chatting about Gombeira as an alterative to Rosewood

EDIT. Just noticed that Yandles have this offered on their website as turning blanks. Might be worth asking them if this is indeed the same wood
Wamara, seems to be an alterative name.

Last edited:
Gombeira also known as Brazilian Ebony . It's a different species to Wenge. Must pay a visit to Yandles some day !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back