Workshop Tour !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulm

IG paulm_outdoors
Reaction score
Having at last got round to working out how to post some pictures thought I would post some of the workshop after it's New Year tidy up !

DSCN0422.jpg

Behind the lathe, tools and grinder nicely to hand.

DSCN0423.jpg

Workbench drawers to be replaced with decent made ones sometime.

DSCN0424.jpg

Tormek, buffing wheels and assorted tools.

DSCN0425.jpg

Lathe and dust extractor.

DSCN0426.jpg

Pillar drill on home made cabinet, router table, and camoflauged on the left is the table saw.

DSCN0427.jpg

Assorted turning material in the rough and offcuts for firewood.

DSCN0428.jpg

Bandsaw fitted with wide ripping blade for initial breaking down of logs, second extractor and table saw.

DSCN0429.jpg

Some of the results of my recent bandsawing sessions !

DSCN0430.jpg

Router table, difficult to get a decent photo due to it's location.

DSCN0431.jpg

Small bandsaw fitted with narrow blade for cutting out the round blanks, mitre saw and morticer.

Thanks for looking !

Cheers, Paul. :D

Very nice,looks pleasantly full but well-organized - but where do you park the car ? :lol:

Andrew

Thanks for the tour :D Someone has stolen your combination square :x

Very nice, Paul!
Would hate to see how much sawdust you can make on a good day :lol:
Thanks for sharing,
Philly :D

Thanks guys for the kind comments!

All I've got to do now is find time to make stuff :oops:

You're right Philly, a lot of time and effort goes on clearing up, haven't yet found any effective way of collecting dust and shavings from a bandsaw and lathe, must be a couple of the messiest tools it's possible to have!

Forgot to post the planer/thicknesser also

DSCN0432.jpg

Rob, I leave an oil filled electric rad running through the coldest months to reduce condesation and keep the worst of the chill away, and then boost with a couple of electric fan heaters when I start work in there if it needs it. Heats up suprisingly quickly. Think the 1" insulation on the up and over doors makes a suprisingly big difference and is well worth doing.

Very nice and thanks for the tour. You've managed to squeeze a fair bit in to what looks like a standard double garage. I work in a double garage that's about 6 metres by 6 metres yet it seems more crowded. I'm going to build a shed this year and move out all the garden clutter and then reorganise. I'll post some photos after it's done.

Cheers

Ted

Hi Ted,

It's probably about the same size. I put some flooring in the eaves space and fitted a pull down ladder so I keep as much household stuff up there out of the way as I can, things like Xmas decs, all the usual junk etc, so as to keep the workshop as clear as possible.

It still competes with the gardening type gear though as I don't like to put some of that in the shed as I can't secure it quite as well as I can the workshop.

But it works the other way round also in that I have a lot of logs etc in the shed drying out much to SWMBO's annoyance ! :lol:

Paul

Congratulations. That is one well equipped, well organised workshop.

From the "Everglades" end of Hampshire, I can only look northwards in envy!

Regards.

Latest posts

Back