Workshop tour: The Turner's Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Findley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been a member here for a good while now and have finally got round to posting my workshop tour, please enjoy.

I moved my business into a little industrial unit in March. It is about 30ft long and 12ft wide, so not massive but suits me....

The workshop sign over the door:

PB220017.JPG

As you come in, to the right is my little Axminster P/T. It's small but handles everything I throw at it. Excellent value for money in my opinion:

PC130035.JPG

To the right is my Bandsaw, also highly recommended:

PC130033.JPG

Beyond the Bandsaw is my trusty Jet 1442:

PC130031.JPG

A point of interest might be the small table attached to the end which is perfect for the tools in use:

PC130032.JPG

To the right of the lathe is a bench containing my Grinder, Pillar Drill and Disc Sander:

PC130030.JPG

Then there is my Evenwood Table Saw. The outfeed table doubles as my work bench:

PC130028.JPG

My timber store:

PC130037.JPG

And finally, my Router Table, the only machine to be on wheels:

PC130034.JPG

Hope you like,

Cheers,

Richard

Lovely shop mate, and your website is great. Thanks for sharing. :ho2

I was very impressed with the quality and variety of work that you undertake.
Just love the size of your workshop, a touch envious of all those machines,
I wish you good fortune in all your enterprises!
Good Luck Richard

John. B

Hi Richard,
What a great workshop and top quality machinery it makes my 12 x 8 shed look a bit sad, Im sure you must be very proud of it all.
We all enjoyed your demo when you came to Shrewsbury and have really got into the fruit turning since then, but haven't had a go at those walking sticks yet !
Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm glad you enjoyed my demo. It's always nice to hear, especially when someone has been inspired to have a go at something I've demonstrated!!

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard

Is that an Axminster bandsaw i see, i have just bought the AWHBS350N from them and have yet to try it out. What do you think of the make and quality of them.

Wish i had that much room to play about with :( Alas maybe in another life lol

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Very happy with it. It's about 2 1/2 years old now and I have been very impressed with its power. I cut some 8" thick green Oak and it didn't even cough once!!!

For the size and money it is perfect for me!!

Cheers

Richard

Latest posts

Back