Workshop stove

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwaithcoed

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Stove.jpg

My Daughter and her partner visited us earlier in the year and I was saying how cold it was in the workshop and was thinking of getting a woodburning stove. As she is an avid Ebayer she suggested that I look on there for one.
When searching I came across one made from a gas bottle. My Daughters partner then said "if that would be OK he could make me one". He brought it down a few weeks ago and it's fantastic. I got the flue pipe from Hot Spot Stoves in Utoxeter.My workshop is now a pleasure to work in no matter how cold it is outside, I love it
:D :D :D :D :D

Alan

This was one of his concerns so he left the gas valve open for a couple of weeks before removing it completely and then filled it with water for another couple of weeks before working on it.
Can't be too carefull when doing this.

Alan

gwaithcoed":f6ze4s45 said:
This was one of his concerns so he left the gas valve open for a couple of weeks before removing it completely and then filled it with water for another couple of weeks before working on it.
Can't be too carefull when doing this.

Alan

that is the textbook advice for making these. saved me typing it out.

looks a very good job, except no flat area to balance the gluepot on!

re filling with water to expel all of the gas .... how does one er, get the water in? :|

I switched from butane to propane a couple of years ago and have kept the last butane bottle (13 kg) for a woodburner for next year's proposed new shed.

Richard t wrote
re filling with water to expel all of the gas .... how does one er, get the water in? :|
First open the valve and leave it open for a week or so (in the open air) after which unscrew the gas valve and fill the cylinder with water using a hose. Simples tch.

Alan

gwaithcoed":phnxloh4 said:
Richard t wrote
First open the valve and leave it open for a week or so (in the open air) after which unscrew the gas valve and fill the cylinder with water using a hose. Simples tch.

Alan

i think that it may be a left hand thread.

Just wondering. Who actually owns the cylinder? When you buy a cylinder of gas do you buy the initial cylinder plus the gas and then just pay for the gas when you exchange for a refill or do you "borrow" the cylinder?

depends on the company I think. Some you hire the cylinder, some you pay a deposit, some you buy the cylinder.

Latest posts

Back